Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating disorder?

Options
  • 09-12-2005 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Since September Ive notice a very big difference in weight of my 18 year old. Her shoulder blades stick out more then they should, her arms and legs are very boney, shes very moody, and doesnt have much energy. Most days she comes home from school and just lays on the couch and watch t.v the rest of the day. Shes always been pretty petite but now this is starting to scare me. Ive questioned her about her weight and she said she doesnt know why shes loseing weight since shes eating like she always has and thinks she looks the same. I dont want to accuse her of anything but I dont think theres much I can do since shes 18. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Don't really know what to suggest. Might be worth having a chat with your GP to explore options. Do want to panic you, but weight lost could possibly be a sign of drug abuse as well, though that probably doesn't fit with the 'sitting on the couch all day' scenario.

Advertisement