Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XboxIreland.com - independent or Microsoft-run?

• 09-12-2005 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at Gamestoaster.com and saw an article there about XboxIreland.com. Anyone got any ideas if this is an independent site or is it run by Microsoft?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

well according to the whois it's owned by the Halo2/xbox live clan The Elite Renegades (or at least one of its founding members).
    see here: http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=xboxireland.com

From what I've seen of their site, they're not connected with MS, just live users, see here: www.eliterenegades.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

independent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

As far as I know, Jermain Williams, listed as a staff writer, has worked for Microsoft at trade events, informations sessions and that king of thing. Perhaps something of a mouthpiece for Microsoft.

But then, every single single-format website and magazine is biased and blinkered. I'll stick to my Eurogamer. And Gamestoaster, if it updated more frequently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How did they get linked with Gamestop though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Xbox Ireland approached them for advertising, or mabye gamestop went to them. How would we know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

But then, every single single-format website and magazine is biased and blinkered. I'll stick to my Eurogamer. And Gamestoaster, if it updated more frequently.

Well yeah, it is pro-MS (or pro-xbox) but it isn't run by them

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Xbox Ireland approached them for advertising, or mabye gamestop went to them. How would we know?

Just wondering if they were linked to them. Just asking anyway, no need to get your knickers in a twist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭icianom

Hey, I'm Cian O'Mahony (editor of XboxIreland.com).

As the man in charge i suppose i can anwser the questions.

- We are completly independant.
    - We are affiliates of companies, not run by them.
    - Gamestop give us prizes and advertising.

Thanks for the interest.
    Xbox Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

icianom wrote:

Thanks for the interest.
    Xbox Ireland

Story Monkey, tis Mark54 :D

icianom wrote:

Thanks for the interest.
    Xbox Ireland

Cheers for that. Just heard about the site on Gamestoaster and they didn't make it very clear if you were affiliated or not. Seems they've had complaints about the article anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭icianom

yeah, they were a bit unfair and a little too wierd about investigating us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

icianom wrote:
    keep prodding, it's good advertising :)

keep prodding, it's good advertising :)

In all fairness, it was me who brought up the topic trying to get information about the site.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

icianom wrote:

Did you get the email I sent early today? About a right-to-reply article you are welcome to write.

How have we been 'a bit unfair'? And could you expand on "a little too wierd about investigating us"?

UPDATE: Cian O'Mahony has emailed us saying everything is now ok and that he doesn’t want to challenge the content of the Games Toaster article. I have left it open to him to write a right of reply article if he wishes.

monument wrote:
    Did you get the email I sent early today? About a right-to-reply article you are welcome to write.

How have we been 'a bit unfair'? And could you expand on "a little too wierd about investigating us"?

UPDATE: Cian O'Mahony has emailed us saying everything is now ok and that he doesn’t want to challenge the content of the Games Toaster article. I have left it open to him to write a right of reply article if he wishes.

Could yas all just not learn to get along and be friends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

icianom wrote:

Who are your affiliates?

Advertisement