Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iTunes Problem

• 09-12-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

This is really pissing me off,
    DADs laptop , he has itunes[latest] he doesnt use the net and had'nt since he got itunes, he connected today and now itunes doesnt load, it opens and then dissappears.
    tried:
    -reparied/uninstalled/installed
    -Ran virus scans and ad-aware etc
    -removed everything from startup
    -removed everything but quicktime and itunes components
    -removed all services except ipod helper
    -restarted after each attempt above- re-installed
    -renamed library .xml file/removed apple folders from user/application data
    and deleted apple from registry, re-installed and now i get that error where you can send a report / dont send.
    ive tried everything, im really tierd, i really didnt want to be doing this on a friday night.

Windows xp[sp1]

argh wtf like/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I think you might be quicker just downloading it again. I take it you can connect to the internet and browse webpages ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

oh yeah obviously downloaded it again, tried an older version and just dug up the cd and installed the ipod installer + itunes /[quick time]
    and now it doesnt open, just gives an error which is VERY STRANGE and even worse in a way.
    what a waste of time, ive waisted 3 hours on this

Whats the error?
    The best thing to do is search the error on www.google.ie

its that same error/ send / dont send report, looking further into it its giving details on each module and dll itunes uses, overload.
    i obviously tried google and thats why i tried the above

all other programs work, it would be very sad to rebuild the laptop because of pathetic program, further waste of time.
    There is winamp and ipod plugin but im not sure if the ipod side of things work now either, either way this is too much waste of a time, stupid apple/

That report from you send to microsoft? Turn it off is a waste of time an annoying, you using windows xp? just in case you wanna turn it off

Right click my computer>advanced>select turn off error reporting>disbale it

• Advertisement

yeah i dont know what to do,

-1-winamp
    -2-rebuild

either way il end up tutoring the old man, wasting my weekend. ffs
    il check this in the morning, incase anyone has any solutions
    thanks for reading little devil, its just frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Did you delete the folder from:

C:\Documents and Settings\*USER*\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

Try that if you haven't.
    Application Data is a hidden folder btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

theres one there and one in local settings, ive tried it all.
    this reminds me of windows 98.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I'm sure you'll get something through google. Failing that a quick email to Apple support should see you right. Bit of a weird one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Itunes uses the proxy settings of internet explorer.
    Unlikely to be your problem unless you have actually setup a proxy in internet settings.

I stumbled across something saying it needs SP2, that laptop is so ****ing slow that im not bothered, i just gave him brief tutorial of winamp with ipod plugin, its as good, uglier though.

i think he had iTunes 4 and when he connected to the net it may have checked for latest update, not sure, iTunes 6 required SP2 [for future refrence....]

thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

try one of the replacement programs for the ipod like anapod or ipod agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

you could try the running the windows installer cleanup utility ( google it ) and a registry repair program ( advanced uninstaller ) between installs ... this should give you a clean slate to install to - if you still have a problem after that i would suspect some problem with the pc rather than itunes

Advertisement