Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show Tonight

• 10-12-2005 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

What was the story with Pat Kenny putting on two of the biggest mingers talking about sticking their hands up cows arses and castrating Bull. I mean for f*** sake is that the best RTE can put on at that time. It is especially embarassing when your mother is sitting watching the same thing

BTW The reason I am not out tonite is that I was out last night and am quite hungover

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Ah, Pat Kenny. He really gets me buzzing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I wouldn't mind but i dont anyone on tonight or anyother week, its a ****ing brutal show. The funniest is when BEN DUNNE was on, apart from owning shares in DUNNES what has he done, but buy a few GYM's. He should have ROY KEANE ON TONIGHT.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

I wonder will one of those vets give pat a rectal exam later on,he would still ask boring questions as they do,if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

MrSinn wrote:
    I wonder will one of those vets give pat a rectal exam later on,he would still ask boring questions as they do,if they did.

F**king Hilarious. :D:D:D

I guess they dont call him 'Pat the Plank' for nothing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

He's Always Terrible.Dont think ive ever seen a quality show. although Republic Of Loose with their drunk singer last week was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

apart from owning shares in DUNNES what has he done
    Cocaine and 'political donations'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

This reminds me of the sketch "Love is" that does be in the irish independent

Only this version is "Your life"

Your life is going downhill when you talk about Pat Kenny on a friday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Id be in the pub if i didnt have a cold and if i had money so things arent that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Oh come on, if anything that was the best part of what was an otherwise appalling edition - it was a funny and engaging item, you're just annoyed swingking because you were mortified in front of Mammy :D

God though the content was appalling this week - a z-list British tabloid celebrity to open, who ironically was scoffing at people being famous for being famous, in spite of him being precisely that. A couple of vets from a lifestyle programme. Shay Healy of all people (and the second time in two seasons, regaling us with the same story as then), and then a depressing insight into missing persons to round it off....

All decent segments in their own right, but combined in the same programme?! :eek:
    What was called in Gay's time 'a dud Late Late'.

And naturally coupled with the usual dodgy production values including an all-singing EXIT sign poking its head out from the black background curtains :rolleyes:, appalling crane camera operation, and of course the obligatory booms practically hitting speakers' heads in the audience.
    A class act all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tuned in at the break of 'Peep Show' for Declan O Rourke and Paddy Casey murdering 'Imagine'

... then quickly tuned out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Just saw parts of it as I was flicking around. Have to agree the camera work was useless as usual. When that girl was singing at the piano at one point during the song all you could see was the side of the black piano.

Can anyone tell me where those vets coming from a big fancy do or heading to one, I thought they were waaaaay too overdressed for guests on the show. Mutton dressed as lamb springs to mind.

Thought the missing persons section was so sad, really felt for all the families. Checked out the missing persons website afterwards.

www.missing.ws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They should have worn balaclavas. Pair of ugly hoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

basquille wrote:
    Tuned in at the break of 'Peep Show' for Declan O Rourke and Paddy Casey murdering 'Imagine'

... then quickly tuned out!

Watched peep show as well great to have choice, didn't tune in to see those wasters though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Dunno why you'd even spend 1 sec watching that tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

there was one good part of that show and it was when those two fellas (cant think of the band's name!)sang their JCB song-the one that's tipped to be Christmas no.1.They were really good.That's bout the cut of it.Declan and Paddy really did murder 'Imagine' their voices just dont sound well together and it sounded as if they hadnt practiced it at all,it was all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I wouldn't mind but i dont anyone on tonight or anyother week, its a ****ing brutal show. The funniest is when BEN DUNNE was on, apart from owning shares in DUNNES what has he done, but buy a few GYM's. He should have ROY KEANE ON TONIGHT.....

Does Ben still own shares in Dunnes? I though his family bought him out after he was found with a prostitue and coked up trying to jump of a hotel in LA.

He gave money to Haughey and built an extenstion to Micheal Lowry's house.

MMMM what has Roy Keane done other then to kick a ball around a feild and attack everyone he has worked for.

Also I didn't see the show. It sounds riviting.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Those two were very dull in fairness....they just weren't good at the whole TV thing. Honestly though, how stuck for guests is The Late Late Show nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I saw that segment (vets on call), and the first thing I thought was 'If Parky had this item on his show, the British Press would have a field day!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

'If Parky had this item on his show, the British Press would have a field day!!'

I think the late late is too wide a show. It's not just a chat show and that is where it suffers.

But then there is more to British TV then just Parky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Caught a bit of the repeat last night, he was interviewing Nizlopi. God, it was painful, he's such a shy man, he shouldnt be in that position, he had absolutely no rapport.

• Advertisement
Advertisement