Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Examples of great and original design

Options
  • 10-12-2005 12:48am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I'm currently working on a project for college where I have to draw up concept art for a website and create a number of images (in photoshop) of what this site would look like and how it would function.

Now, as part of the project you need to research existing websites and take ideas and inspiration from them, but up until now I've been thinking very much in straight forward designs with regular menus across the side or top, sub menu's etc. and researching very text heavy websites such as bbc.co.uk.
    My lecturer advised me to find more unique and interesting designs, and thus generally avoid commercial websites that are simple and straight forward (so the average joe can find their way through it). One suggestion was to visit band websites, game websites or movie websites because they tend to be more cutting edge and unique. So far I've visited Gorrilaz.com, Superfurryanimals.com, Perfectdarkzero.com and bewaresamfisher.com. Anybody have any other suggestions? They don't have to be related to games, movies or bands, they just need to have really nice design, and can't conform to the standard style of website where you would buy something etc

It doesn't really matter what theme I'm using (because I need to visit sites that are unrelated), but just to let you know it's Chairs. I had to pick from a list, and it wouldn't be my first choice, but there you go. To be honest I have idea's about what my site will do and how it will work, but I need to produce research first, even if I made the greatest website ever I'd still lose out on over half the % if I didn't produce proper research.

Thanks very much.

Comments

Advertisement