Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running an Ipod on 98..

Options
  • 10-12-2005 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

I have d/l'ed the set of drivers (from a home developer) which get the ipod working perfectly on the windows 98. My next question is how can I put music onto the ipod via 98?Is itunes the only way of doing this? I ask because there is no release of iTunes for 98..Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hakko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Came across this problem recently. My cousin wanted to buy an iPod but her PC was 98. The solution was to buy an iAudio :v:
    Sorry cant be of more help. Let us know if you do actually manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I have it half managed but the only question now is how can you put music onto an ipod? is itunes the only solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

is itunes the only solution?
    No actually, there are plugins available for progs such as Windows Media Player but I don't know if theres any that'll work on 98. I'm sure some of the iPoo heads will be able to answer you tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

wonder would ephod be any use to you,there was a thread lately about alternitave ipod s/w.have a quick search

here might help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Doesn't MusicMatch Jukebox do this on '98. I seem to recall reading that Apple supply it for '98 !?

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Must check musicmatch..I have the ephpod install file. I thaught that was just for taking music from the iPod..I'll tell my friend to give that a shot..

Thanks..

Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

anapod explorer will work in windows '98 afaik (it's not free though...)
    try the winamp plugin first (it's what i use instead of iTunes... but then again, i'm using Windows XP)

Advertisement