Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various TVs with Xbox 360.

• 10-12-2005 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an Xbox 360. Now, Haven't played it yet, and will not be doing so until Christmas. I don't have a HD tv either, but I do have

1) A 28" widescreen in my room
    2) A 42" Plasma in my living room.

I don't know if the Plasma will be any good. I personally don't like Plasma screens but someone I know said apparently the 360 looks better on a Plasma then a normal tv, which I have no clue about to be honest. So I thought someone here might know.Which TV am I better off using? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

id say its up to your personal preference really, some people (like me) like games on a big screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

try it on both tvs ,have u got a a hd or dvi connections on both tvs,i,d say it will look better on the plasma unless u get slow response pixels or jaggys,its unlikely the 28inch tv will give u 1080resolution,unless its a hd hdmi tv with a hdmi or dvi digital connector,,theres no harm in trying. look at tv manuals or online reviews for the tv specs and see does it go up to hd 1080resolution.if u have standard tv u wont get hd display from your tv anyway,u,ll get standard tv resolution,like a ps2 or an xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

If you got the premium pack and any of your tv's have a component input, use it that way. The picture is far superior to RGB scart. If you got the base pack you should get a component lead if your plasma has a component input or a vga lead if it has a pc input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hmmm. I have the premium pack. I'll give things a lash and see how they go. Thanks guys.

Don't really want fork out 1500 for a HD when I got a 42 plasma only last year :o

Advertisement