Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Automatically Logging Out

Options
  • 10-12-2005 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is a problem with my own set up or a general system wide "feature" but I keep getting logged out if there is no keyboard activity for a short time. It's a bit of a pain because sometimes after typing a longish reply I find I have been auto logged out and loose what I have typed.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've never noticed that myself. There used to be an option in the old vBulletin to change the automatic logout settings but I can't find them in the new one.

Also I'd recommend Firefox for when you're typing a long reply as it'll save the reply if something goes wrong and you can just hit Back to get back to your reply. (It doesn't work when using the Quick Reply feature though)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

did you make sure that you have the remember me box ticked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You might have something there Sparky-s, I'll give it a try, thanks.

Sorry Stark but Firefox doesn't work with some of the on-line banking here in France. I tried it but had to go back to IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Do you have some security-for-paranoid-schizophrenics software that eats your cookies after a while?

And you know, you can use both IE and Firefox on the same computer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've actually noticed this myself, as it happens, I might wonder off mid reply to get some juice or something, then come back and I'm logged out when I hit either reply or a fresh link.

Learn to type faster ;)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

or learn to finish what you've sta

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

parsi wrote:
    or learn to finish what you've sta

lol :D

Advertisement