Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for skaters (sponsership)

Options
  • 10-12-2005 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

ok, as you may know, i am co-owner of menace-media, the shop is up and the main media site will be up soon, ok we are looking to sponser some skaters, we are looking into making some decks, we already have some skaters that wanna be sponsered. but we want a more worldwide base

if your interested please send a video and your details to

keith@menace-media.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

cum on people

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

What is involved, what is in it for you and what is in it for the skater. Does the skater have to enter comps and demos etc. How many comps are there in an Irish calendar, how many demos ? Will you be making a video every years .... what is your company doing and what do you hope to do ?? I honestly have never heard of them ? Any info would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

yeah id like to hear a little more too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

http://www.menace-media.com/

What does that have to do with skating?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

fisheye wrote:

I am worried about this guy mental health !!

• Advertisement

guys, that link is to an alternate reality game, it draws people to the site, the real site will be up in the next few days, the shop is up @ http://menace-media.com/shop

at the moment the things in the shop are not very skate related but they will be soon, the company is basicly and apparell(sp) company, but its not just to do with skating there will stuff to do with mausic, art, games ect...

the skaters on the the team will me getting free t-shirts, stickers, basic apparell, we hope to make a movie soon that should be released by the end of next summer, we hope to make a monthly magazine, the skaters will hopefully enter some competions, not much demos, as we are not a famous team (yet), the other skaters on the team are not just irish, there are english people and possibly americans too, we do hope to print some decks in the future too.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

I think I speak for all of us when I say what in the name of jesus is that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Fair dues to the guy,he got up and built a clothing company,and is offering sponcership obviously he wants his team to wear the t-shirts and other items to promote the company.Skapunkkeith any plans for a bmx team?There are quiet a few riders that are good enough over here.

well that subject came up today when i was talking to a guy in my class, if there was would you be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

hi, i skate what standard are you looking for sponsering? also, where is you shop?

• Advertisement

it an online shop scroll up the page and u will see, as faR AS STANDARD GOES WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPle that are good but not great, send in a video and we will see

ok, just tell me if its worth my while, i can do all the basic flips plus a few others, i can do ollie grabs and i can do handstands, primo flips, casper flips, some cool stalls on miniramps (180 rocks, 50-50s, 5-0's, shuv-it rocks... a couple of others)

Flips; 360 flips, 360 shuv-its, kickflips, double kickflips (sometimes, did triple ones a few times too!), hardflips, shuv-its, heelflips, boneless fingerflips, bigspins....

ur good, im gonna send you and email later, but i have to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Your t-shirt designs are absolute rubbish - I assume you're running a t-shirt print shop? And you're aware of an LA based mid 90s skateboard company called Menace? Went on to become All City, then City Stars? Owned by Kareem Campbell, and brought us skaters like Caine Gayle, Mikey Taylor and Paul Rodriguez?

If you're going to start up any clothing company, at least get some good designs together first, not some cheesy, unfunny slogans set in Helvetica typeface. Start building up a following/customer base with stylish, contemporary and above all, desireable and cool artwork (not just woeful graffiti) and designs to get people interested in your company. This is also helped by putting stickers and stencils around town, using quality materials and garments, then start doing some more tailored cuts and styles as your orders come in. You've got a lot of work to do before you can start selling to people you don't know.

i can do much the same as skate4ever just have toget a lil video together. give us a email ramp_city@hotmail.com wil ya

oh right, my email is forevrdead@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

Are you looking to sponsor BMXers our website is www.rebelbmx.tk

'looking for skaters, sponsership'

i doubt that he is looking for bmxers lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

He answered was looking into it,when I asked him,about sponcering a bmx team.See above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement