Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Double Take

Options
  • 10-12-2005 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has come up before, I did a quick search and didn't come up with it.

What is the story with Nissan/Windsor Double Take deal?

"Buy a new 06 Micra, Almera or Primera and exchange it for a 2007 model absolutely free"

Is there a major catch with this deal? My parents are interested in it, they almost bought an almera a few years ago & we're all just a bit concerned that it seems too good to be true.

As far as I've heard (and I know very little) the almera is a reliable drive but a bit short on fittings/stylings. Is that accurate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

As a family car it's fine. There;s more power in a fart though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

No catch with the deal other than the fact that you have to pay about 3 grand on top of the retail price to get the same car next year. Well at least that's what I read on here a while ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

AFAIK the milage can't go above a certain figure on the 06, I think it was quite a low figure too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

They only major catch i found was you have to pay full retail price this year (so no 1500 - 3000 euro discount), so automatically this takes a large chunk out of what you would save on changing plates next year for nothing.

Ring Nissan for a copy of the t&c's.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

No catch. What RedorDead said

This offer is perfect for the celtic tiger materialists that crave a new plate every year

You pay the full list price and you'll get another brand new car in '07. Obviously, your '06 car must be in perfect condition and with only a limited mileage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

limited mileage

Thats the real killer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

I rang them yesterday got a muppet and they said it only applied to someone taking finance out is this bull ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

unkel wrote:
    Obviously, your '06 car must be in perfect condition and with only a limited mileage

Does that mean next year is a good (or at least better than normal) time to buy a Nissan.

I wonder though since there will be a new Almera out this time next year, do the punters get the old stock or the new model.

Advertisement