Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

futurama movie!

• 10-12-2005 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471711/

now, theres loads of rumours wether this has been greenlit yet, but i think its inevitable.
    i'm a huge futurama fan and can't wait for this...
    its success could also bring about the debate of the tv series un-cancellation, woo!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

:D:D
    Yeh! sez me.
    It should be great.Hope that it gets a definate go ahead soon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Id love if this went ahead, however, I dont think Futuramas cancellation should be open to debate. As said here many many times before, Futurama was losing steam by the end of the 4th series, so probably finsihed at a good time.

Would you prefer if it went on indefinitely, like The Simpsons is now, and not making you laugh/smile/grin anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

I hope they don't make this movie, cartoon movies are always awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I don't care if Futurama reduces in funniness through years of episodes - constant futurama is better than none.

Futurama is one of my all time favourite shows and finding episodes I've not seen is pretty much impossible :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't care if Futurama reduces in funniness through years of episodes - constant futurama is better than none.
    Which is why the Simpsons is still on.
    Futurama is one of my all time favourite shows and finding episodes I've not seen is pretty much impossible
    They're all on DVD...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

gimmick wrote:
    Would you prefer if it went on indefinitely, like The Simpsons is now, and not making you laugh/smile/grin anymore?

i've found that i can get as much replay value from the 4 seasons of futurama than i can seeing a billion different simpsons. Futurama has a much different humour than the simpsons, one that gives you the chance to laugh a jokes you wouldn't pick up the first time watching it.

i so hope this movie gets the go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Deffo should be given the greenlight! Was watching it earlier, so funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Officially, nothing has been confirmed as of yet. I don't know if a Futurama movie would work as well as the show anyway.
    Question:-According to various rumours and Matt Groening's and Billy West's words, Futurama may come back in form of DVD movie/s. Do you know something about it? Is there hope for a comeback of the TV show? Is there a real reason behind Futurama's cancellation?

Bill Morrison: It's definitely in the works, though I'm not sure if they've actually inked the deal yet. If they do the DVDs and they are successful (buy multiples!!), I think the show has a real shot for a comeback. Everyone who worked on it is anxious to see this happen. It was a great experience, and one we'd like to repeat. Basically, Futurama was cancelled because there was nobody at Fox at the time who cared enough about it to give it the proper time slot. Things have since changed, and the people who exist there now are quite fond of it, I'm told.
    Link

Advertisement