Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

setting up GPRS on smartphone

• 10-12-2005 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

I recently got an Orange SPV C500 and managed to set up MMS on it and that works but GPRS is another issue. I have asked Meteor Customer Service for the information for it and it just doesnt seem to work with my phone due to the complicated proxy stuff. Can someone who has set up a Windows Mobile 2003 phone help me to set this up please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Jakkass wrote:
    I recently got an Orange SPV C500 and managed to set up MMS on it and that works but GPRS is another issue. I have asked Meteor Customer Service for the information for it and it just doesnt seem to work with my phone due to the complicated proxy stuff. Can someone who has set up a Windows Mobile 2003 phone help me to set this up please

I had a C500 before and had no problems setting it up to use Vodafone GPRS.

Do you still have Orange firmware on it?

When I had mine I flashed it with QTEK firmware.

I swapped it for a GPS system with Tallus in July, perhaps PM him as if he still has phone he would be in a better position to help you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=278691

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I managed to get Internet Explorer to download pages but MSN or Email doesnt seem to want to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Sorry dudes I sold it on a while back.
    Try the gadgets forum maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Jakkass wrote:

try this to set up the Internet/ISP account

(From Home screen)
    Programs
    Settings
    Data Connections
    Menu > Edit Connections

GPRS Connections
    Menu > Add

Description: Meteor ISP
    Connects to: The Internet
    Access point: isp.mymeteor.ie
    User name: my
    Password: isp
    Primary DNS: (leaving blank should work, or try 212.129.64.1)
    Secondary DNS: (leaving blank should work, or try 212.129.64.2)
    IP Address: (leave blank)

Press Done

On the Data Connections screen set:
    Internet Connection: Automatic (or set 'Meteor ISP' if you want to set this as default, but remember to switch back to Pass through connection for connecting via ActiveSync)

Press Done

Note, it is not cheap, check with Meteor for latest ISP GPRS charges.

Advertisement