Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw X5 ;

Options
  • 10-12-2005 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to go to get the best price on a new BMW X5? I've seen one advertiesd in Co. Tyrone and it seem's to be the cheapest around. I was wondering if anyone bought one from this dealer and if its ligit. I know I put up a similar post already Moderater's and feel free to delete it if you wish but there seem's to be a glut of X5's around lately and I just want to get a good deal. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Which model are you looking at? Keep an eye on carzone.ie for a rough idea of what you should be paying

X5 3.0i SE 74,000
    X5 3.0i Sport 77,700
    X5 3.0d SE 74,000
    X5 3.0d Sport 77,700
    X5 3.0d Le Mans Blue Sport Edition 80,860
    X5 4.4i SE 101,050
    X5 4.4i Sport 104,050
    X5 4.8is 124,700
    X5 3.0i SE Exclusive Edition 85,585
    X5 3.0d SE Exclusive Edition 85,585
    X5 4.4i SE Exclusive Edition 107,955
    X5 3.0i Sport Exclusive Edition 85,735
    X5 3.0d Sport Exclusive Edition 85,735
    X5 4.4i Sport Exclusive Edition 109,725
    X5 4.8is Exclusive Edition 130,225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Junkyard is rich, but no-one will let you out onto the main road! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

stick with the M5, what a car! the x5 is going to be a dog next to a 400bhp animal.

edit/ sorry thought i edited this yesterday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

That's why I'm buying a 4x4, don't you know SUV's have automatic right of way.;) Sorry to disappoint you there Mike65, I'm not rich I just spend all my money on cars and all my time working to pay for them, its an addiction you know with no known cure, just the odd bit of rehab. like driving a Golf or a Focus, bland boring stuff bring's you back to earth with a bang.:)I have to buy a SUV lomb, growing family, another dog's on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

junkyard wrote:
    That's why I'm buying a 4x4, don't you know SUV's have automatic right of way.;) Sorry to disappoint you there Mike65, I'm not rich I just spend all my money on cars and all my time working to pay for them, its an addiction you know with no known cure, just the odd bit of rehab. like driving a Golf or a Focus, bland boring stuff bring's you back to earth with a bang.:)I have to buy a SUV lomb, growing family, another dog's on the way.

Which model are you going for? Might I suggest the VW Touraeg, I personally like them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog.........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

can i ask why an x5?
    mabey its me but personaly i hate them...lol.
    not consider the new range rover sport? they look class not that id be able to afford one :(

I have no time for VW/Audi/Mercedes product's Squirril, I'm on my eighth BMW and I think they're well built but its a pity about their dealer's.The model I'm going for is the 3.0d sport auto in black with beige leather in SE spec. Big Balls, thats the only BMW joke I've ever heard, Mercedes has a whole range of them. fli I had a Range Rover already and in my experiences British built vehicles tend to fall apart and don't handle as well as the X5.

fli wrote:
    can i ask why an x5?
    mabey its me but personaly i hate them...lol.
    not consider the new range rover sport? they look class not that id be able to afford one :(
    aye, if i was going to commit the ultimate sin and buy a jeep it would have to be a toureag or range rover sport. the x5 is old hat. and trust me ur probably not going to get anything better than the M5. buy the wife a vw golf, and keep the dogs in that, keep the M5 for urself;) hmmmm 400 bhp......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Did you consider the Lexus RX 400h, great spec, great power, good fuel consumption.

• Advertisement

No wife hence M5 lomb;) I'm getting a Porsche 911 turbo in Feb06 instead of the M5, the dogs would be cramped in the back hence the X5.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

just suggested the sport cus its different than the run of the mill x5/merc suv's that seem to be common as mud nowadays

Jaysus what with a new turbo and an x5 either money is no object or the clocking machine is in overdrive:D only kidding

There isn't money to be made in car's anymore lomb it's only a hobby. A couple of my inventions paid off but it was a long haul.

junkyard wrote:
    There isn't money to be made in car's anymore lomb it's only a hobby. A couple of my inventions paid off but it was a long haul.
    Was only kidding, there is money to be made if ur turnover is high enough consistantly and the only way u can do that is if u are belgard motors etc. u basically need a franchise for one or more good brands, be in a prime location, have no competition, and in a dense population area. good on u if u made ur money in inventions, its very hard to do it, like anything but the payoff is sweet, enjoy the turbo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

junk yard is rich- 911 turbo:D
    can i get a spin in it PLEASE

No problem but I won't be taking it to Dublin I'm afraid.:D

junkyard wrote:
    No problem but I won't be taking it to Dublin I'm afraid.:D
    were coming down to cork:D

Oh no, I better hide.:D I'm selling the M5 lomb, now's your chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Junkyard, if you ever need help driving any of your cars you know where I am ;):D

• Advertisement

No problem Justin, I'm actually reducing the fleet at the moment, you might have seen the DS, Miget and the Merc 200 and a few others the last time you were down, if you know anyone interested let me know.

junkyard wrote:
    Oh no, I better hide.:D I'm selling the M5 lomb, now's your chance.
    is there any race track in cork i can ummm 'test it' :D its a little rich for my blood, id consider one in a few years possibly when the price falls to 25-30ish
    is the turbo u are getting a 997 turbo?

The only race track around here is the Cork to Midleton duel carrageway but I keep getting chased off it by those guy's with the flashing blue light's.:)
    I'd love to set up a drag racing track if there was enough interest but I'd say it would cost a lot. Yes lomb it's a 997 turbo in black.

junkyard wrote:
    The only race track around here is the Cork to Midleton duel carrageway but I keep getting chased off it by those guy's with the flashing blue light's.:)
    I'd love to set up a drag racing track if there was enough interest but I'd say it would cost a lot. Yes lomb it's a 997 turbo in black.

Insurance would be next to impossible, but I would love to see it happen.
    A few years ago 10 members of SVF VW owners club were let loose for the afternoon on the strip at Baldonnel airport while filming Drive for network 2,
    Sarah Kavanagh was driving a new beetle we were all in our oldies, great day, I would love to do it again :D:D

archive15.jpg

archive18.jpg

archive22.jpg

Fancy a trip over to Santa pod this year ? ;)

I've never been to Santa Pod, is it on regularly or just a couple of times a year Justin? I was hoping to go to the historic Grand Prix in Monaco and to the main event the following weekend in 06. I think if enough like minded people got together a drag strip could become a reality as there seems to be a lot of petrol heads around the place.

There's always something happening, RWYB (run what ya brung) is on regularly, see the calendar here- http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

There was a temporary track in Longford a couple of years ago, I think....

It looks good if only we could get a percentage of that support here I think it could be a runner.

Of course you would also need to find someone in this country capable of laying a 1/4 mile of decent tarmac:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

lomb wrote:
    stick with the M5, what a car! the x5 is going to be a dog next to a 500bhp animal.
    his is the E39 M5 IIRC which is only a paltry 400bhp!

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    his is the E39 M5 IIRC which is only a paltry 400bhp!
    aye i know, i realised yesterday hence i think i editied my post :D i was in an xkr and it had 400 bhp, jesus that was some power when floored, we had the roof down also. with that much power at your helm i think ud feel more powerful than the president of the usa. 500 is just insane when u think of it in the new model. afaik even the 911 turbo 'only' has under 400.

the x5 is going to be replaced next year anyway, i think u are mad junkyard to b considering spending 170 grand + on a turbo AND an x5, thats like going to cost u over 75-80000+ euros a year to keep both. u might become a kidnap target of some irish dissendent republican group:D

Advertisement