Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa spider yeay or nay?

Options
  • 10-12-2005 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭

Spider

Crackin looking car this and has caught my eye, people might think your a bit of a prick tho?

stupid i know, would you buy one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I wouldn't think you a prick for buying one, but I don't think I would buy one. Doesn't do too much for me in the looks department. It's ok, nothing special...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i think its a beautiful car, only thing bugging me is practicality? and its a bit flash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Cyrus wrote:
    i think its a beautiful car, only thing bugging me is practicality? and its a bit flash :D
    Well I wouldn't think it's flash, the TT is flash, but it's not understated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I doubt anyone would think of you as a prick, its not that kind of car i dont think.
    personally i dont like it, hate the front of it and sure screw practicality and have some fun instead, you'll probably regret it if you went for a more practical car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I'm suspicious about that price and the mileage.

Is that not a very low price for that model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Ernie Ball wrote:
    I'm suspicious about that price and the mileage.

Is that not a very low price for that model?

I'm not too sure on the price, it is a six year old car. But 19,000miles could be seen as a bit low, then again probably a second car. There's about 55K on my dad's MR2, and that's 12 years old. It's been a second car for the last4/5 years anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Yeah yeah yeah! Only total pricks will think you're a bit of a prick in this. And who cares what total pricks think?

Word of warning though - the Spider is a bit wobbly. The GTV is a better car for driving hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭beyondrapid

i think it's class. it reminds me of the treser roadster concept car from the 80s.
    http://amkg.homeip.net/astory/old1/etresroad.htm
    well - just a little...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

why would the timing belt be done at 19K miles, especially considering how difficult a job it is to do on a Alfa TS engine.
    I'd be phoning up NCTS to verify the milage in 2005 and 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i love those cars, defo go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Mailman wrote:
    why would the timing belt be done at 19K miles, especially considering how difficult a job it is to do on a Alfa TS engine.
    I'd be phoning up NCTS to verify the milage in 2005 and 2003.

girlfriend wont let me get it, doesnt like the red :(:p

might have a look but i think id rather a gtv if i could get one, timing belt should be done every 5 years regardless of mileage, it would appear to have a very careful owner on first impressions

Advertisement