Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spearfishing around galway

• 10-12-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I just arrived in Galway 10 days ago to find a job and to live there 6 months or more and i am looking about information and people to practice spearfishing on the west coast.

I brought my equipement but i have seen that here this sport is not developped at all, i don't even know if i can find a speargun?

So if you are interested, please contact me to my email adress.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Definately no spear fishing in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Have seen a few around, there are some out there !

Have seen a few around, there are some out there !

Yeah.. a few.. Hence why we're not killing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

hey john, you seem to have something against spear fishing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Contrary to what JohnCleary says there are quite a few spearfishermen in galway, I personally know at least 4.
    Spearfishing is perfectly legal here and in fact is not regulated at all in the sea.
    This time of the year spearing is quiet with pollock & other fish heading for deep water.
    Maybe try round Lahinch for a Bass?
    PM me for more info.

• Advertisement

nitroboy wrote:
    hey john, you seem to have something against spear fishing???

Nothing at all.. Sorry if it seemed thay way.. Just not my cup of tea but each to their own.

Advertisement