Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion On Polish People

Options
  • 10-12-2005 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Alright so they are here the last year or two...what do you guys think of them? ok so some of them are hott but really,what is your feelings towards them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I know pleanty of sound poles. They work hard as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Trevko

Yeah alot of them are cool,some are rude but I guess you can say that about Irish people too.I have 2 Polish friends and a few Slovak..They cool people plus the fact Im sneakily trying to snag an eastern european bird :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I'd like to marry one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Same with any nationality/race/colour/height/weight etc etc. It all depends on the individual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

As a Scot who moved here I've seen things from a different perspective to you. I moved over knowing no one so had to do a bit of networking to meet new friends. I found that a lot of Irish folk in the pubs did not really want to speak to the Polish people but were quite prepared to chat away to me, invite me to join their company etc. To the extent that one Polish friend actually asked me if something was wrong when we were talking to an Irish group but they basically were ignoring him and talking to me all the time. Maybe folk can't be bothered as sometimes their English isn't perfect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

I know a few from work and have to say big thumbs up.... very nice people

And great crack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Poles are grand. I think we are lucky to have immigrants from Poland, as a similar large number from other more distant lands might not integrate so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah actually anyone got any spare poles going around. Hot Hot race. Not like our donkey nation. Actually with centuries of interbreeding Irish people may even become and attractive race. Lets get started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Good people for the most part. Work hard, dont get into trouble (there are other groups here who do), are friendly and will integrate well..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

polish people hot?? what have you been smokin'

polish people ; black leather jacket waring, skin head , bmw drivin men who look like 24hr doormen and big hefty women named svetlana with big hairy armpits and very red lipstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I know 2 different groups Poles round my area.

One group are really friendly.

while the others are extreme racists..............EXTREME

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I find this polish thing utterly bizzarre.

Apparently theres something close to 5 billion poles living in ireland, even to the extent that they are the only minority to have their own show on the City channel. Yet i have still to meet a single one! Im pretty sure im in a minority of one on this but where the hell are they all? The northside (being a good southside boy, i rarely venture across the river)?

Im serious, i know bosnians, rwandans, togo'ians, romanians but not a single pole. What gives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

5 billion poles?? lol ...i take it your joking

but anywho , they are a mysterious group that only keep to themselves and are always workin , so its not like they have time to mingle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

There are 5 billion poles.
    Most of them are connected by wires for the telephone system.

They even have their own pullout now in one of those free papers you get in the morning on the dart or bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The one who lives with me is a complete and utter tool. I've heard they're nice in general though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Never had a problem with any poles i met,all seemed sound. Funny thing is though i just heard an ad on the radio about health and safety in polish. If we're serious about health and safety why do we allow people who cant communicate effectively through english to be employed? I have a relative who gave up the scaffolding game because we was nearly killed twice by eastern europeans who a) hadnt a clue what they were doing and b) couldnt understand his frantic instructions to cease and desist from their inadvertant efforts to kill him. He now works as a milkman :confused:

:v: < would it be wrong to suggest that the proliferation of furrin werkers in the construtction game is a cause of the rise in fatal accidents in that sector?

of course it would pakthingey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Trevko

Haha,,you know some Polish are real cool then others are total wierdos,there are some who just stare you out of it like some staring competition,about the pub thing,,some are nice,but if you notice,,in the city centre,they all stick together,it is them who dont integrate with us and if they bothered to learn english properly then we'd be glad to let them mingle,you know...heres a secret,I was on the website www.polskidublin.com and in the chatroom area 'Czat' you can go in,and when you say your irish,guarunteed 80% of them tell you to get out,either that or ignore you or slag you off in Polish,,Ive been told by alot of the poles in Dublin that alot of them despise Irish and are only here for cash...part of me believes this..
    Youd think after we accepted the so called invasion from them that theyd be a lot more grateful,.dont get me wrong,have polish friends,but some of them are just such pigs.
    P.S. lol Svetlana is more a Russian name, typical female names are Dorota,Ania,Agnieszka,Paulina,Ewa etc - Im studying the language a bit,I plan to open a net cafe and polak restuarant,,hehe may as well cash in on them a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

One polish guy stole my friend's seat in a pub...fecker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

polisg people are cool

gotta love the polish security guy in work....

Morning tom

HALLO JOE!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

Someone who's one quater polish
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Eurorunner wrote:
    Good people for the most part. Work hard, dont get into trouble (there are other groups here who do), are friendly and will integrate well..

LOL:D
    Obviously havent met some of the ones I know. One guy I work with, he learned most of his English from listening to gangsta rap most of his life (its suprisingly a huge genre in Eastern Europe), thus the staffroom chat of where we all going tonight often ends up "so, we go to nightclub tonight yeah? Grab us some bitch and hoes":D Likes to portray himself as "being connected", "knowing people", telling us about all his mates locked up in either the Joy or back in Poland for moving yokes.

They mostly seem farily alright though, they are VERY like the Irish in most ways (getting locked wise anyway)
    Dustaz wrote:
    I find this polish thing utterly bizzarre.

Apparently theres something close to 5 billion poles living in ireland, even to the extent that they are the only minority to have their own show on the City channel. Yet i have still to meet a single one! Im pretty sure im in a minority of one on this but where the hell are they all? The northside (being a good southside boy, i rarely venture across the river)?

Im serious, i know bosnians, rwandans, togo'ians, romanians but not a single pole. What gives.

Are you on the dole or something? In the past 8 months I must have worked with at least six of them.
    Though yes, alot of them would be concentrated in Blanch but still, alot of them have degrees etc, Id have thought theyd be fairly common in southside offices and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Are you on the dole or something?

No, Thats a northside thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 amigaboy

I've met some very hot polish women, just like any other group there's uglies in the mix, but i have a softspot for blondes...mmmmm..

One that is working as a bar girl in my local is extremely fit, and she's very friendly too - that seems to be normal with the polish girls.

Some groups tend to be very sticky and don't interact much, but I haven't found this with the poles, especially the blonde ones....mmmmm....

just one thing, is there any polish guys over?
    I don't think I've met any yet....

amigaboy wrote:

One that is working as a bar girl in my local is extremely fit,

Oh shít how did I forget about the bar girls :mad: :(:o ??

Anyway if you have never been to the Station House in Raheny (across from the DART station) it is worth a visit. Down there last week with the lads and anytime she came over to the table we gave her a standing ovation. She is a hero.:p

I fcúking LOVE Poles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I don't like them...the trouble making ones that is.

I've met about two sound ones.

The rest were just scumbag knackers and I hate them being here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I don't like them...the trouble making ones that is.

I've met about two sound ones.

The rest were just scumbag knackers and I hate them being here.

Take people as you find them, don't judge an entire nation on your perceptions of the few you've personally met. That's like me happening to meet Graham Norton and thinking all Irish people are the EXACT same as him, sexual orientation and all.

No nationality in the infancy of its immigration to another country ever integrates well initially, for example, why do the Irish who travel the world build Irish bars/clubs/associations everywhere they go?, because it helps them to integrate by bringing a piece of their own culture to their new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

i'm sick and tired of how ass backwards this country is :P
    ~your friendly neighbourhood canadian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

you know where the airport is..thanks for visiting! :p

:v: < the less americans over here the more i like it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement