Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion On Polish People

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I understand where you're coming from as it irks me too, but I've pulled Poles up on this shit before and after much humming and hawing they've admitted that back home, Poland, is a lot worse and offers them no opportunities.

There's a lot of things I dislike about their attitudes in general here, but they're not the worst. The hard-working thing is long gone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have to respectfully disagree with you Rb. They've consistently been the best employees that the company I work for has employed. They get stuck in, don't grumble and pride themselves on doing a good job.

In 5 years or so we've employed quite a few and there was only one bad egg that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

i dispise the polish people. have had a lot of bad experiences with them. i dont agree with how they were just left come into ireland without any restrictions. i belive the vast majority of them are here to **** over and grab as much money as they can. i would love to see the back of them but thats not going to happen. there are irish people living in poverty when these bastards are getting everything handed to them. its not right whats going on in ireland at the moment.

What a arrogant post!!! The poles are not getting everything handed to them. They can't claim dole unless they have worked here (not like the nigerian asylum seeks). You obviously don't know what Poland is like, 95% of poles would not be here if they could help it, they would prefer to be in Poland. During the boom years it was impossible to find irish shop staff to work for 11-12 euros an hour. I had several adds looking for staff in 2004*2005*2006 and adverts with Fas. One guy (an Irish married man) stole constantly from the till. It was not possible to pay the 20 euros a hour that pharma companies paid. There were many willing poles who were honest good workers. And they did not get it handed to them on a plate. I worked in New York after school so I know what its like to have to leave you county when there is no work. There are a lot more Irish long term unemployed who play the Social welfare system than Poles. During boom years there were over 80,000 irish on the Dole who could not be arsed to work (well not for 12 euros an hour).

There are over 400,000 Irish people working in Europe, should they get classed in the way you classed the Poles in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I have to respectfully disagree with you Rb. They've consistently been the best employees that the company I work for has employed. They get stuck in, don't grumble and pride themselves on doing a good job.

In 5 years or so we've employed quite a few and there was only one bad egg that I know of.

I'm young enough that I've only had 2 jobs, but each time consistently the Polish workers were the ones who got on with it when asked to do something and worked harder than any Irish I saw.

There's a simple reason they were taking jobs in the manual labour industry in the thousands, they were willing to work harder for less money and if you're not willing to compete, you can go **** yourself if you think I'm giving you any sympathy for losing a job to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Yixian

Jesus, you guys are starting to sound like Brits ffs. Whether hard working or not, it has nothing to do with being Polish, Irish or any other nationalist/ethnicity.

The more Dublin embraces the cultural influx the better though. Nobody wants to live in an inward looking city with no diversity, variety in all forms of culture, food and drink are what make a city worth living in - Dublin should continue to embrace that.

Don't forget where you ****ing came from, my family emigrated to Britain and took advantage of absolutely everything it had to offer, I don'r expect to hear this kind of crap from Irish.

Here's hoping more and more people immigrate from Poland and elsewhere in the world, it will only make Ireland a more interesting place to live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yixian wrote: »
    Jesus, you guys are starting to sound like Brits ffs. Whether hard working or not, it has nothing to do with being Polish, Irish or any other nationalist/ethnicity.

The more Dublin embraces the cultural influx the better though. Nobody wants to live in an inward looking city with no diversity, variety in all forms of culture, food and drink are what make a city worth living in - Dublin should continue to embrace that.

Don't forget where you ****ing came from, my family emigrated to Britain and took advantage of absolutely everything it had to offer, I don'r expect to hear this kind of crap from Irish.

Here's hoping more and more people immigrate from Poland and elsewhere in the world, it will only make Ireland a more interesting place to live.

Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather not see Ireland become the next Britain.

Nice of you to want that, what with being a Brit and all. Immigration is one thing but when there's an enormous failure of integration by a frightening amount of immigrants here, I say no more.

The amount of immigration isn't the problem, it's the amount of integration. Britain has the same problem but Ireland has the chance to do it right, and considering it's history of diaspora and emigration, it's better placed to.

Besides, let's face it, unemployment in Ireland is a temporary problem and 5 years from now the strain will once again be on growing the population of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Polish women are pretty fit.

murrayp4 wrote: »

Good point, integration can be fun you know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

you get some nice irish girls too a few though so far up their own asses for their own good and i have seen a few mingers from poland best place for really good looking women is czech republic :) everywhere else just lags behind them looks wise :)
    Grimes wrote: »
    Yeah actually anyone got any spare poles going around. Hot Hot race. Not like our donkey nation. Actually with centuries of interbreeding Irish people may even become and attractive race. Lets get started

• Advertisement

Ok I hate to stereotype but I can honestly say that CZ is the most unfriendly country on earth :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

murrayp4 wrote: »

BOBFOC's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

you get some nice irish girls too a few though so far up their own asses for their own good and i have seen a few mingers from poland best place for really good looking women is czech republic :) everywhere else just lags behind them looks wise :)
    Grimes wrote: »
    Yeah actually anyone got any spare poles going around. Hot Hot race. Not like our donkey nation. Actually with centuries of interbreeding Irish people may even become and attractive race. Lets get started

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement