Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Irish Masters in 2006

• 10-12-2005 8:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looks like it's confirmed:

From BBC Sport:
    Masters setback for snooker tour

The Irish Masters will not feature on this season's World Snooker tour.

The event, which has had ranking status for the past three years, was scheduled to take place between 20-26 March as one of the seven ranking tournaments.

The China Open will now take place during those dates, leaving just six ranking events on the Tour.

Playing the Irish Masters in April was reportedly suggested, but the Dublin's City West Hotel and RTE television could not accommodate the times.

A ridiculous state of affairs when one of the oldest tourneys on the calender doesn't go ahead for these reasons. I enquired a few months ago about it not being on the calendar this season and all I was told was that it was subject to change...

Really dissapointed!! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Bad news. :( There's only 7 ranking tournaments this season isn't there? Hendry and Davis wanted the whole board sacked a few years ago because there was only 6 tournaments in the one season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

On the commentary of the snooker yesterday (BBC have it on interactive:D ), Clive Everton mentioned that there was 6 ranking events this year - it was mentioned in the context that with O'Sullivan going out early in the UK, and not bothering to go to Malta (the 3rd ranking event of the season) that it was possible he could lose his No.1 ranking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

On the commentary of the snooker yesterday (BBC have it on interactive:D ), Clive Everton mentioned that there was 6 ranking events this year - it was mentioned in the context that with O'Sullivan going out early in the UK, and not bothering to go to Malta (the 3rd ranking event of the season) that it was possible he could lose his No.1 ranking.
    You're right, I forgot the Masters wasn't a ranking event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

He wont be going to china either.

I am sick of ronnie and his moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Can't believe the Masters is gone, that's a joke. Was at it last year, thought it was great.

Ronnie kind of annoys me aswell, but an exciting player to watch. Speaking of watching, must go in and check out the semi's. Ciao!

• Advertisement
Advertisement