Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vodafone, 3G and MMS

• 10-12-2005 8:20pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Since August I have uploaded over 200 photos to my blog using MMS in Ireland, UK and France. Most of these were on 2.5G phones - a Myv-56 and K300i. With these phones I don't ever remember a message not being sent.

Since I got my 3G e770v I have had many many failed sends (error: unknown subscriber). On Tuesday in London none of my photos would send and if I switched to t-mobile they would sometimes send after many attempts. Earlier this month in Paris with my K300i and SFR I hadn't a problem in the world.

WHen I got onto Vodafone this evening they told me that they don't guarantee that email MMS will get delivered but didn't really get the point that these error messages weren't getting to their own server let alone into the brave world of the internet. At the end they said they'd refresh the settings on the phone and that was more or less it.

Has anyone else experienced these problems on 3G ? I find it strange that they only occurred since I changed..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

This is a bit strange. Your profile on the MMSC hasn't changed because of the change to 3G - but even if it had then I wouldn't expect it to work solidly from your old phone. Sounds like you have a problem with the 3G packet switched network. Does your 3G phone send them reliably when on the 2G network? (I'm not familiar with this particular handset to know if you can even tell it to only use the 2G network) Or maybe it's a faulty handset?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It has been a happier phone since the settings were supposedly refreshed yesterday - it was also a call during which no-one said - oh thats a new phone and we don't have the settings.

I'm beginning to think that it was some account setting which was causing the issue.

I've always been in 3g coverage when sending/trying to send messages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭maxymax86

Get rid of those e770v phones they are terrible... my friend, a vodafone angineer, told me that its one of THE worst phones he has ever worked with.. it has numerous faults in bot soft and hardware... 70% of the phones of this make break in the first 1-2 months... (i knnow it from my own experience too!!!) and when they brake it is not covered by warranty because when that happens it looks like someone tampered with the software on eeprom chip and thats why they think it cant be repaired free under the warranty terms.

Advertisement