Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

unbranding a k750i

• 10-12-2005 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

does ayone know of any shops that can debrand a k750i coz all the vodafone stuff on my fone is a pain

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

niall mc wrote:
    does ayone know of any shops that can debrand a k750i coz all the vodafone stuff on my fone is a pain

thanks

Or you can do it yourself via cable with software and credits, ask Wolfman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

on a somewhat related note, anyone know if a w800i bought from a meteor shop will be branded meteor? Or do meteor brand phones at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭kmurphy

Meteor do brand phones. Not sure about this model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Meteor sometimes have branding but its very painless compared to the Voda crap.

Maybe the odd start up screen, but the actual mobile itself is 100% original. I dunno, maybe thats changed, but most meteor phones are either not branded or branded very lightly.

cheers, might just get it sim free in cpw if theres not much of a price difference..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you buy it from CPW there shouldn't be any branding. Would you be buying it bill pay? As I don't think they do it pay as you go but I'm not sure about Meteor stores.

yeah billpay... most likely on talk 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well I think there'd be about a €200+ difference between bill pay and sim free price. I don't know the sim free price but expansys say about €500. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

My mate got the K750i on bill pay (its a lot cheaper than sim free btw) and its absolutely full of junk. They went a bit over board imo. He had the k700i beofre that and they had so much stuff on it they actually f*cked up some of the phones functions namely the option to set mp3's as your ringtone, which I was able to do from my sim free k700i. Anyway I recently got the 750i on O2 bill pay and there is very little branding, start up screen which you can change anyway and just an icon linking straight to O2 wap service on the main menu. I'm not sure what they removed from the main menu to do this though. Anyway in short I'd consider moving to o2, relatively little branding and the price plans + phone is cheaper,

sp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sprinkles wrote:

My mate got the K750i on bill pay (its a lot cheaper than sim free btw) and its absolutely full of junk.

sp

What mobile company?

I got the K750i on Meteor and there is no branding as CPW brought the phones in them selfs and sold them with meteor contracts. I think the same applies to w800i bought in CPW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

kearnsr wrote:
    What mobile company?

I got the K750i on Meteor and there is no branding as CPW brought the phones in them selfs and sold them with meteor contracts. I think the same applies to w800i bought in CPW
    he's on vodafone and I'm on o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Vodafone are really the worst by a long shot for branding. Nearly every phone is crippled both design and feature wise in some way.
    God knows how they get away with this with so little offical complaints. I mean, paying full whack for a phone to have some of its core features disabled is ludicris.

I remember having a Sharp GX20, Vodafone branded but on Meteor. It didn't have Bluetooth, but they disabled they built in Infa-red. Because it was made specifically for Voda the only way to re-active it was to use some hong kong version firmware. Hardly practical for us English speakers.

I hate you Vodafone :mad:

Advertisement