Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This happen to anyone else this evening?

• 10-12-2005 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭

So there I was browsing normally (actually pricing some laptops) when all of a sudden I get kicked off MSN and cant get back on.

Nothing too strange but it wouldn't reconnect, so I open up my routers Admin page to check the connection and I'm greeted by this.

Eircom running some tests on the exchange for the upgrade perhaps?

Edit: forgot to say, it's all back to normal now, 2048 down, 128 up. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I hate those Netopia router /NAT/WiFi boxes to configure.

A bad connection in your house or anywhere between you and the exchange can cause it. It simply means the box was momentarily disconnected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You're netopia interface is way out of date, should do a firmware update it'll improve performance and reliablility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lizanne

dar83 wrote:
    So there I was browsing normally (actually pricing some laptops) when all of a sudden I get kicked off MSN and cant get back on.

Nothing too strange but it wouldn't reconnect, so I open up my routers Admin page to check the connection and I'm greeted by this.

Eircom running some tests on the exchange for the upgrade perhaps?

Edit: forgot to say, it's all back to normal now, 2048 down, 128 up. :(
    well im with chours and it happens to me ALL THE TIME

my boyfriend said he heard all the broadbands in ireland are upgrading and that why its happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

azezil wrote:
    You're netopia interface is way out of date, should do a firmware update it'll improve performance and reliablility.

I'm sticking with that firmware for a reason, mainly PES5 on the PS2. Problems with it on the newer firmware I hear.

Also my router's very reliable, this evening was the first time ever it just dropped a signal and it wasn't even its fault, it was Eircom doing something at the exchange. Performance and reliability are perfect as it is. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

azezil wrote:

Where do you actually get the firmware? Is it hidden on Eircom's site somewhere,. or on Netopia's? I've always been too lazy to look...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

Make sure your date and time is correct. The new msn has a problem with the wrong time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

rsynnott wrote:
    Where do you actually get the firmware? Is it hidden on Eircom's site somewhere,. or on Netopia's? I've always been too lazy to look...
    Here

Advertisement