Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipod not showing up!

• 10-12-2005 9:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I plug in my ipod it won't show up on the screen. Nor in itunes.
    It has the 'Do not remove' thing on the screen so it is plugged in.

Anyone got any ideas what I could do?
    It's old and all that (bought Sept 2004) but I still thought I'd be able to put on music.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Save time and effort and Reset it,TBH. then plug it in..
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

try resetting your ipod - disconnect from computer and hold down the menu and middle button until the apple logo appears. then try it again. same thing happened mine once and that worked for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

No luck with the pressing the two middle buttons. I've had to do that a load of times, when the think freezes.

There's a thing on the computer that says I can reset it, and it will delete all the music. I'd do that if I knew it would fix this. At the moment I can't put on any new music.
    But if I reset it like that and I still can't put on new music then I'm royally screwed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Reset it & then put it into disc mode, they try updateing the software

1; Flick the hold switch in "hold" then flick it back
    2; Reset it, hold down the menu and select button for roughly 10 seconds or until it restarts
    3; Put it into disc mode, hold down the select and play button for roughly 10 seconds or until it comes up "disc mode"
    4; The computer should pick it up at that stage
    5; Update the software, you can download the latest software from http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

Try updating the software that should leave the music there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I can't get it into disc mode!

You say hold down select and menu. That's the two middle buttons right?
    I've a 3rd Gen by the way if that makes a difference.

Then you said hole down play and select. The button we've already called select also has the play sign on it. Do you mean the button in the middle of the wheel that also gets it to play? I tried that and it just turns off the ipod.

But thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Reset 3rd Gen iPod

Ditto . . the Apple way !

Windows or Mac by the way ??

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

try iPod updater.. and make sure you have copy of all the tracks in your iTunes,do you have a mains charger for your iPod? you need to connect to mains charger after running iPod updater. good luck. If you still get a folder with ! mark ,,consider sending it to apple (depot.info.apple.com/ipod). good luck

Advertisement