Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro

• 10-12-2005 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

OK Does anybody know where is the Metro mast in Galway and indeed how far outside the city it goes. I am in Oranmore and there is a huge communications tower just accross the road from me and I am hoping it houses Metro.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Better to PM crawler on that one or if there is any galweh users here they will let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ring the Sales and ask. I found them helpfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

I got Metro installed last week, in Mervue, they said I had a perfect LOS. So it must be in the Mervue area. Just give them a call
    (1800 28 58 28) or email them sales@digiweb.ie . They are actually very easy to deal with, which makes a change.

FYI I ordered metro on the 29th Nov and it was installed and up and running on the 5th Dec. Still waiting on the phone service, but Internet is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcummins2

Well just to let anyone know in the Oranmore area, Metro are not and I quote "In rurel area's" as quoted from thier sales dept but they did say that it might be expended in the New Year. Oranmore is only about 5 miles from Galway and has a large industrial area as well as a thriving populas. I think myself it is anything but rural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

mcummins2 wrote:
    Well just to let anyone know in the Oranmore area, Metro are not and I quote "In rurel area's" as quoted from thier sales dept but they did say that it might be expended in the New Year. Oranmore is only about 5 miles from Galway and has a large industrial area as well as a thriving populas. I think myself it is anything but rural.

Oranmore is the sticks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

Oranmore is the sticks!

I second that motion ;)

You could always try IBB, they might have a good service in Galway. What about NTL, they are supposed to have a good broadband service (no line rental like digiweb).

I did find this thread, might be of interest to you http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=248474 it's about Athenry but some good info in there.

Advertisement