Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

meteor

• 10-12-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey guys NO IDEA if im posting this in the right place but anyway.
    Basically i am with meteor and I have been for about 4 months.
    The first sim i got it said on the box that u get 80E credit(10 every month)
    i was only using d phone 4 my family 2 contact with me as they were always giving out that i never had a phone.

I never recieved my credit and i called them and it turns out that u have to top up ur phone by a certian amount every month in order 2 get ur regestration credit which i thinks DISCRACFUL............ as ur promised that credit with ur phone.

Then today i was ment to recieve my 4th month of Credit but i never got it.I called them and they tried to say I had gotten all the credit i was due which is bull**** cos iv only had d fone 4 months.

I got 20 with the phone and 40 the last 3 months(lost out on 10e cos i hadnt topd my fone up by a certian amount d 1st month)
    That makes 60 there is no way in hell that makes 80euro

Plus the coverage sucks i keep getting cut off during calls and I can never get directly through to a number i get an engaged tone about 2 times b4 i get through.

Any 1 else hav problems with them.I am moving to 02 next week cos Im so sick of meteor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

I am with O2 - never had any problems. Switching prolly a good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i have a vodafone phone and a meteor phone, use vodafone for phonecalls and general stuff, and meteor for texting other meteor friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

You would have been better off posting this in Comp -> Consumer Electronics -> Mobiles/PDA's tbh.

I moved to meteor 2 months ago and the results have been mixed. I had to badger them to get my free meteor to meteor texts working.

My 10 credit per month as long as you top up is working though.

Their international txting link was down a couple a weeks ago for about 5 days. Not good.

Multipart text messages dont seem too reliable.

Having said that they are 40% cheaper than o2 and vodaphone on internations text messages - so I am living with the problems so far...only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lizanne

You would have been better off posting this in Comp -> Consumer Electronics -> Mobiles/PDA's tbh.

I moved to meteor 2 months ago and the results have been mixed. I had to badger them to get my free meteor to meteor texts working.

My 10 credit per month as long as you top up is working though.

Their international txting link was down a couple a weeks ago for about 5 days. Not good.

Multipart text messages dont seem too reliable.

Having said that they are 40% cheaper than o2 and vodaphone on internations text messages - so I am living with the problems so far...only time will tell.

I do not care if they are cheaper i just think that only givn credit when we top up is awful. i plan to complain 2 them2, its a bloody joke n 2 of my m8s have had d same thing happen to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lizanne: When You get a new phone you get alot of credit straight away.

You obviously got a free sim. Do you expect them to give you 80 free credit for nothing? Meteor have always operated on the fact that when you get a free sim, you get extra credit on it whenever you top up. Its actually a great deal. I don't see vodafone or o2 offering you 50% extra on a 20 quid top up each month. Or giving free sim cards for that matter.

I mean, someone has to take the other side....:p

• Advertisement

Lizanne: When You get a new phone you get alot of credit straight away.

You obviously got a free sim. Do you expect them to give you 80 free credit for nothing? Meteor have always operated on the fact that when you get a free sim, you get extra credit on it whenever you top up. Its actually a great deal. I don't see vodafone or o2 offering you 50% extra on a 20 quid top up each month. Or giving free sim cards for that matter.

I mean, someone has to take the other side....:p
    EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!FREE SIM...
    i bought the sim...... i got a sim pack.I BOUGHT THE BLOODY SIM OK.
    and they tried to tell me it said in the terms and conditions it said u had to top up by a certian amount.......well i looked up the thing and it didnt say that ok.
    And if meteor are so gr8 how come every1 i know have gone back to who they were with

And i was never offered credit with 20 e top ups

Ok well sorry. So you bought the sim. The thing is, you are still getting alot of free credit when you top up. Neither Vodafone or O2 offer that.

And it is in their terms and conditions. Do you really think Meteor are that stupid? ;)

On the other side of the coin, I think Meteor are the best thing since sliced bread. Which wasn't really that great, what's the deal with that phrase. But anyway, everyone I know is with them. All my friends, my girlfriend, my sister, etc etc. The free texts are unbeatable. I would never change over for my life!

A few years ago there were frequent problems alright but to be honest I have had no problems with Meteor at all the last year or two. Great network. Best for me by a mile. God knows how much money they've saved me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

When I joined O2 i got 100 free credit, they're all doing it

Ok well sorry. So you bought the sim. The thing is, you are still getting alot of free credit when you top up. Neither Vodafone or O2 offer that.

And it is in their terms and conditions. Do you really think Meteor are that stupid? ;)

On the other side of the coin, I think Meteor are the best thing since sliced bread. Which wasn't really that great, what's the deal with that phrase. But anyway, everyone I know is with them. All my friends, my girlfriend, my sister, etc etc. The free texts are unbeatable. I would never change over for my life!

A few years ago there were frequent problems alright but to be honest I have had no problems with Meteor at all the last year or two. Great network. Best for me by a mile. God knows how much money they've saved me!

thats u. ive had nothing but trouble from them. u ever had to make a call in a rush only to get d engaged tone all d time b4u get through??

ITS ANNOYING..........

02 were brill i dont know why i left them

Maybe u think their gods gift but i wouldnt recommend them to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Sliced bread is fcuking brilliant. No more cutting dammit. But you're right, Meteor are great. I've never had any problems with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no problems with Meteor myself. i dont have any coverage problems either :)

and the text speak :mad: thought that was banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

. Neither Vodafone or O2 offer that.
    Actually you are wrong, MobileInfantry. O2 give €80 free credit without any top ups. All you need to do is register online and you get €20 plus €10 per month thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

no problems really with meteor myself. Maybe little problems now and then but that comes with every network. Was vodafone and switched over and kept same number, this was over a year ago. Free texts are great!! No coverage problems either. Might got to do with the area youre living, mightent have good meteor coverage

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Indeed Vodafone give you 100 - 10 on board, 10 when you register and 10 for the next 8 months - no topping up required at all. Plus they have proper roaming where you dont need to pre-topup (ala meteor) and where you can send MMS (unlike O2)...

downside is they brand their phones something fierce...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

no problem with o2, then again im a buisness customer with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lizanne wrote:
    Hey guys NO IDEA if im posting this in the right place but anyway.
    Basically i am with meteor and I have been for about 4 months.
    The first sim i got it said on the box that u get 80E credit(10 every month)
    i was only using d phone 4 my family 2 contact with me as they were always giving out that i never had a phone.

I never recieved my credit and i called them and it turns out that u have to top up ur phone by a certian amount every month in order 2 get ur regestration credit which i thinks DISCRACFUL............ as ur promised that credit with ur phone.

Then today i was ment to recieve my 4th month of Credit but i never got it.I called them and they tried to say I had gotten all the credit i was due which is bull**** cos iv only had d fone 4 months.

I got 20 with the phone and 40 the last 3 months(lost out on 10e cos i hadnt topd my fone up by a certian amount d 1st month)
    That makes 60 there is no way in hell that makes 80euro

Plus the coverage sucks i keep getting cut off during calls and I can never get directly through to a number i get an engaged tone about 2 times b4 i get through.

Any 1 else hav problems with them.I am moving to 02 next week cos Im so sick of meteor

Ok, you didn't buy the sim card, you payed like €20 or something and got €20 credit free with the phone, that means it's a free sim. If you read the small print you would have seen you need to top up every month, it's not disgraceful, they don't have to give you any free credit at all. Coverage is as Good as O2 or Vodafone, Meteor's coverage issues have long been resolved. Getting an engaged tone is a common thing with mobiles, nothing to do with the network.

Stop bítching, meteor's the cheapest and you get free texts.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Ok, you didn't buy the sim card, you payed like €20 or something and got €20 credit free with the phone, that means it's a free sim. If you read the small print you would have seen you need to top up every month, it's not disgraceful, they don't have to give you any free credit at all. Coverage is as Good as O2 or Vodafone, Meteor's coverage issues have long been resolved. Getting an engaged tone is a common thing with mobiles, nothing to do with the network.

Stop bítching, meteor's the cheapest and you get free texts.
    i paid 35 ****ing euro 4 dat sim ok so wer u going with the 20 e??????????????????????????

and the engaged tone is to do with meteor its never happened 2 me with any other network

go shag ur fone since u love it so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

lizanne wrote:
    i paid 35 ****ing euro 4 dat sim ok so wer u going with the 20 e??????????????????????????

and the engaged tone is to do with meteor its never happened 2 me with any other network

Hey hey, pipe down no need for that.
    the user is just informing you of what you should of read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lizanne wrote:

Eh where'd you buy that SIM? Seems you got ripped off....

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=215

Sparky-s wrote:
    Hey hey, pipe down no need for that.
    the user is just informing you of what you should of read.
    i already told ye i DID READ THE TERMS AND 4 THE 50TH TIME IT DIDNT SAY IT IN IT
    BELIEVE WHAT YA WANT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

things arent going your way are they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

lol @ lizanne :D :rolleyes:

I have no problems with meteor. I've been with them over 2 years now, they were a bit dodgy at the start but for the last year or so they've been brilliant for me. I'd highly recommend them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

lizanne wrote:

Quit it with the juvenile rage, also, this is an English speaking forum.

Giblet wrote:
    Quit it with the juvenile rage, also, this is an English speaking forum.
    excuse me i cum on here 2 ask sumtn n iva buncha loudmouths teln me iv got it wrong n tryn 2 say i didnt read the terms when i did ok.
    i know what i did dont call me a liar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lizanne wrote:
    excuse me i cum on here 2 ask sumtn n iva buncha loudmouths teln me iv got it wrong n tryn 2 say i didnt read the terms when i did ok.

How old are you?

Don't write in 'txt' speak.

What shop charged you €35 for a Meteor sim card? They are €10 with €10 free call credit, they used to be €20 with €20 free. It also states clearly how you get your free call credit. Top up with €20 a month and get €10 free. Did you think they would just hand you a load of free call credit for nothing?

Keep it coming!

Pythia wrote:
    How old are you?

Don't write in 'txt' speak.

What shop charged you €35 for a Meteor sim card? They are €10 with €10 free call credit, they used to be €20 with €20 free. It also states clearly how you get your free call credit. Top up with €20 a month and get €10 free. Did you think they would just hand you a load of free call credit for nothing?

Keep it coming!
    im not listening to this ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lizanne wrote:

Ok, bye bye now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

You got well ripped off there! 35euro! I walked into the meteor shop on grafton st,said i wanted to buy a meteor sim. The lady gave me the sim for free and asked if i wanted to change my number. I said i would. Free sim,cheap calls great signal (better than o2 in my case).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lizanne wrote:

Give it a rest with the "txt speak" or somebody will ban you for it if your not careful.

You got ripped off plain and simple, no point getting thick with people about it :v:
    lizanne wrote:

what age are you 13?
    Leave your teenage anger at home

• Advertisement

Binka wrote:
    Actually you are wrong, MobileInfantry. O2 give €80 free credit without any top ups. All you need to do is register online and you get €20 plus €10 per month thereafter.

Guys we are talking about SIM CARDS

Not mobile packages.

Advertisement