Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

meteor

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lizanne wrote:
    im not listening to this ****
    lol, my heart bleeds for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

lizanne wrote:
    i already told ye i DID READ THE TERMS AND 4 THE 50TH TIME IT DIDNT SAY IT IN IT
    BELIEVE WHAT YA WANT

I must remind you that by posting your words in capitals is considered SHOUTING.
    lizanne wrote:
    excuse me i cum on here 2 ask sumtn n iva buncha loudmouths teln me iv got it wrong n tryn 2 say i didnt read the terms when i did ok.
    i know what i did dont call me a liar

i didnt see anybody calling you a liar, your just missunderstanding what knowledgeable people are trying to tell you.
    and i will also remind you we dont like txt speaking here either.
    lizanne wrote:
    well you came on here and asked a question on which people replied with straight answers, what more do you want?
    There is no need to take up that form of abuse to users who know what they are talking about.

Obviously you've misinterpreted what you thought you were getting, afaik you get €80 with a purchase of a phone by which you get €10 every month after you get €10 up front and €20 for on-line registration

Simpacks dont offer the same offers as buying phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I'm thinking about switching to meteor bill pay from vodafone. I am looking at the w800 since its 100 eurocheaper on meteor and calls from meteor to vodafone are actually cheaper than vodafone to vodafone calls on the lower tariffs.
    I am wondering what they are like for roaming as I travel a good bit with work mainly to the US but sometimes to europe.
    What network do they back off in Ireland, vodafone or O2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

richieg wrote:
    I'm thinking about switching to meteor bill pay from vodafone. I am looking at the w800 since its 100 eurocheaper on meteor and calls from meteor to vodafone are actually cheaper than vodafone to vodafone calls on the lower tariffs.
    I am wondering what they are like for roaming as I travel a good bit with work mainly to the US but sometimes to europe.

they have an national roaming agreement with O2 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

richieg wrote:

You will have full roaming in the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy straight away. For all the rest, you have to make a 60euro prepayment at the time of signing up (which comes off your first bill) or you can wait until you've paid your first 3 bills and it will be taken off for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Multipart text messages dont seem too reliable.
    I'm having huge problems with this aswell, with people receiving "corrupted messages" or half a message and then the other half later on just about every time I send a multipart message. I have to admit it's getting extremely irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Meteors Customer Policy is horrendous, they never live up t their claims.

I was with Vodafone, then went to meteor, and quickly went back to vodafone. Meteor are extremely amateur and incompetent. Dont waste your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

lizanne wrote:
    i paid 35 ****ing euro 4 dat sim ok so wer u going with the 20 e??????????????????????????

and the engaged tone is to do with meteor its never happened 2 me with any other network

go shag ur fone since u love it so much

Ok, from the sounds of it you're one of those people who rings the customer care line and shouts and screams down the phone at them, is it any wonder you're not getting any help from them??? *ducks for cover* I used to work in Meteor customer care, it's a hard enough job without people "effing and blinding" at you. I'd advise you to ring them again, explain your issue calmly and clearly to the rep and if they've given you no help, ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor'll either speak to you straight away, or give you a call back later to clarify things. Otherwise, email "info@meteor.ie" with your issue. You'll receive and email reply 24-48 hours later from one of the customer care team, and it'll leave a papertrail, just in case you end up wanting to make a complaint. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

lizanne wrote:

Thats correct. You are reading it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

genegenie wrote:
    I'd advise you to ring them again, explain your issue calmly and clearly to the rep and if they've given you no help, ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor'll either speak to you straight away, or give you a call back later to clarify things. !

for "later" read never.. herself had many problems with roaming and supervisors never bothered their barney ringing back ever. The only time they actually were a bit proactive was when the dreaded comreg was mentioned...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

parsi wrote:
    for "later" read never.. herself had many problems with roaming and supervisors never bothered their barney ringing back ever. The only time they actually were a bit proactive was when the dreaded comreg was mentioned...

Trust me comreg makes no difference. The only reason you got a call back is because one of the supes who actually do the job was on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

parsi wrote:

I agree with you there, sometimes even the supervisors are less than helpful, but I was trying to make the point that from Lisanne's attitude thus far on this thread it seems as if she would have been very antagonistic when she called customer care. Honestly, what rep/supervisor is gonna wanna help her if they feel harassed? I know I'm just speculating about what happened in her dealings with customer care, but if I am right, she might receive more help than she did before if she calls back and explains her issue calmly and clearly. That's all I was really trying to say... I know if she rang and got through to me I'd do my best to help her if she was nice about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lizanne wrote:
    i paid 35 ****ing euro 4 dat sim ok so wer u going with the 20 e??????????????????????????

and the engaged tone is to do with meteor its never happened 2 me with any other network

go shag ur fone since u love it so much

you remind me of a guy i know. i hate him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

you remind me of a guy i know. i hate him

Bwahahahaha.....excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

i changed network to meteor about 3 weeks ago and can honestly say was the best ever decision of my short fat life.

only had one complaint for them so far.

last friday i was watching the late late toy show in a friends' house and one of those stupid metor ads with the two girls and two guys came on with that "lap dance" joke. my friend said next time that ad comes on I'm switching network. So one thing lead to another and I gave Customer Service a ring and told your man that although I was so far delighted with the service of the actual phone, I was just wondering would there be any possibility he could get one of his superiors to take that ad off the air. He told me he doesn't watch much tv himself so was unfamiliar with the ad, but gave me an address to file an official complaint.

Good God it's 4.00am and I'm still on boards.ie

Advertisement