Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick grimloch a game for christmas

Options
  • 11-12-2005 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

My poor old PS2 has been sitting under my table for months now doing naught but gathering dust. It was brought out while I played MGS3 through and that was about all it's seen in the past year and a half.

I've sort of fallen away from the aul console gaming recently and I'd love a good game to bring me back in again.

I wouldn't mind a good RPG but I'm really just looking for any decent game, something nice to stick into the stocking for christmas day.

All suggestions welcome.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Resident evil 4 is out for the PS2 now (AFAIK). Diminished graphics of course, but I'm sure it's still good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Res 4 or God of war both excellent games.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

grimloch wrote:
    I wouldn't mind a good RPG but I'm really just looking for any decent game, something nice to stick into the stocking for christmas day.
    I picked up Beyond Good and Evil second hand recently - its awesome! Tis a Zelda-type adventure game with a really gripping story.

I think it could be what you re looking for Grimloch. Im sure you could find it 2nd hand or usually its a low price brand new in GAME, gamestop, etc...Definitely check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Beyond Good and Evil looks good alright.

I can vouch for Resi 4 being one of the best games I've played this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All good suggestions :) Also Ico... *if* you can get your hands on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Crucifix wrote:
    Resident evil 4 is out for the PS2 now (AFAIK). Diminished graphics of course, but I'm sure it's still good stuff.
    yup.
    according to the eurogamer review there's a bunch of new stuff in the ps2 release.

guess that means finishing it for a fifth time over christmas, then:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shadow of the Colossus is out after Christmas. Finished it there last night and have to say it's absolutely superb. Best game this year bar Resi 4.

Dragon Quest VIII is out in America and is a rather excellent RPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I wish i had the luxury of buying a present for myself over christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I have Beyond Good and Evil knocking around somewhere beside me here. I've been meaning for some time to play it.

Is Resi 4 a long game? I wouldn't mind something that will keep me nicely busy while I'm trying to avoid relations and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

18 hours or so gameplay. Plus you unlock some mini-games and a 'hard' mode when you're done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Shadow of the Colossus is out after Christmas. Finished it there last night and have to say it's absolutely superb. Best game this year bar Resi 4.

Can i have a lend of your PS2 please, it wont work in mine :(
    rnger wrote:
    I wish i had the luxury of buying a present for myself over christmas

Ehh WTF? are you getting other people **** ahead of yourself? Thats so wrong. You get yourself a present then others.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

KdjaC wrote:

Ehh WTF? are you getting other people **** ahead of yourself? Thats so wrong. You get yourself a present then others.

kdjac
    aye. i tend to favour the "one for you, one for me" method of online shopping:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

tman wrote:
    aye. i tend to favour the "one for you, one for me" method of online shopping:p
    tell me about it i just bought a new motorbike for myself, & i havent even got any of my family or my gf presents yet

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Amount spent on pressies for people in the last 6 weeks: ~400

Amount spent on pressies for me in the last 6 weeks: ~2900

Got gadgetitis there about 6 weeks ago - now I have a new PC and onkyo home cinema as well as a buch of discs to test them with. That play voucher thread in bargain alerts really didn't help matters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KdjaC wrote:

Unfortunately Praetorian wants it for MGS3 but I could give you it whenever he finishes (if he finishes it :rolleyes: ). It's quite short, about 7 hours, but the hard mode is worth playing as well. It makes it far more difficult and adds extra vital points to the bosses.

As for Resi 4 it's a monster of a game and will last ages. I clocked up about 19 hours which didn't include the times when I died. The unlockable games are also great fun. For an action game it has the best value for money of any game in a long time.

Advertisement