Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need to lose half a stone fast

• 11-12-2005 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

my gorge dress i was going to wear at d xmas party next week wont fit i need 2 lose half a stone any tips??????????

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If Im ever trying to lose a few pounds for holidays etc... I jog every night.. Dont drink alcohol for a few weeks.. Drink as much water as possible.. Dont eat after 7pm.. NEVER go to bed on a full stomach.. Dont eat white bread or potatoes..

Always works well for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

7lb in a week is not healthy, you need to loose inches which may be possible though, i.e. certain foods will cause you to be bloated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lizanne

rubadub wrote:
    7lb in a week is not healthy, you need to loose inches which may be possible though, i.e. certain foods will cause you to be bloated
    wat foods

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

Bloating is down to water retention which in turn is usually down to salt intake. And that doesn't just mean table salt, a lot of processed foods have "hidden salt". A surefire way to reduce bloating is to reduce salt intake and to drink more water. By more, I mean you should be drinking at least two litres a day. Don't use table salt (bad for you anyway) and check food labels for salt content, you shouldn't be consuming more than 1.5g a day which is about half a teaspoonful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Maybe you should have checked if the dress would fit a few weeks ago? I don't think you're going to lose the weight in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FX Meister wrote:
    Maybe you should have checked if the dress would fit a few weeks ago? I don't think you're going to lose the weight in a week.

You'd be surprised. Eat a lot of stuff like dry cracottes, fruit, drink a few glasses of water a day, and avoid everything else. It can be done. Maybe not half a stone but close enough.

But it really depends on your starting weight as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lizanne wrote:
    wat foods
    I am not too sure, the fitness forum would be a better bet. I know white bread is a no-no, the residual yeasts will ferment in your stomach bloating you out. I expect beans do the same with all the gas they produce, there are probably some of those "friendly bacteria" drinks that would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You'd be surprised. Eat a lot of stuff like dry cracottes, fruit, drink a few glasses of water a day, and avoid everything else. It can be done. Maybe not half a stone but close enough.

But it really depends on your starting weight as well.
    `
    Maybe I should have said there's no way you're going to lose the weight in a healthy way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Slow jogging or a relatively fast walk on an incline on the threadmill for 45-60min first thing on the morning will burn the fat far better than dieting alone and is much better than late in the evening.

If you truely want to loose fat only..moderate cardio intensity for about 45-60 mins first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (plenty of water is no harm of course, a cup of coffee too - lo fat milk and no sugar tho!!) is a very efficient way of doing it..

Moderate intensity..light sweat is probably best..any more and you wont be burning fat..it will be muscle :)

Good luck :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

FX Meister wrote:
    `
    Maybe I should have said there's no way you're going to lose the weight in a healthy way.

That is very true, but try telling that to a girl trying to fit into a dress bought for an outing :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

lizanne wrote:
    my gorge dress i was going to wear at d xmas party next week wont fit i need 2 lose half a stone any tips??????????

Buy a bigger dress.

Buy a bigger dress.

Logic....I like that :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Colonic irrigation.

Advertisement