Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some HTML help!

Options
  • 11-12-2005 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I hope someone can help me with this. I'm sure it's something simple I'm just not spotting, but I've been trying to figure it out for a few hours and it's doing my head in!!

I'm working on the design for this website -

http://www.wtfsearch.com

The search box at the top displays fine in firefox. It also displays fine in IE when viewed locally on my machine.

But when viewed in IE via http://www.wtfsearch.com the border on the right of the search box is missing.

I cannot figure out why!!

The HTML code when viewed on my machine and from the website is the same.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I have a similar quirk on my website, everything views fine in Firefox and the css displays perfectly, but for some reason best known to Bill Gates, Internet Explorer butchers my site?... This isn't the solution to your problem, but have a look at how the site displays in Netscape, Opera and the Avant browser, if they seem fine, I'd put it down to a 'quirk' of IE, as IE plays by different rules when displaying borders and tables in HTML to other browsers.

EDIT: Had a look at your source code from the site and I can't see any problem with it, then again I'm very, very sleepy..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

dublindude - two options ::

#1 : remove the 'width:100%;' from line 18 (<table style="text-align:center; width:100%; vertical-align:center;"><tbody>)

or

#2 : remove the 'style="padding:7px;"' from line 16 (<div style="padding:7px;">)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Goodshape wrote:
    dublindude - two options ::

#1 : remove the 'width:100%;' from line 18 (<table style="text-align:center; width:100%; vertical-align:center;"><tbody>)

or

#2 : remove the 'style="padding:7px;"' from line 16 (<div style="padding:7px;">)

Genius!!! I love you :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hey what's up with that yellow/off-white box to the right? (#FFFFEE)
    Messes with my mind tbh. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Hey what's up with that yellow/off-white box to the right? (#FFFFEE)
    Messes with my mind tbh. ;)

Well spotted! My laptop screen isn't sensitive enough for mild colours.

Cheers.

Advertisement