Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound Speakers

• 11-12-2005 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Ok I've no idea about this so hopefully my question isn't too stupid...

Basically I have A set of creative Inspire T5400 speakers attached to my computer, 5 speakers + subwoofer, seem to be excellent quality to me, but totally wasted in their current location.

So I was wondering, will soon be getting a Samsung LE26R52B TV and it says in the specs it will have audio out, so would I be able to hook them up? Will I need a special connector or anything, at the moment their connected to my computer via three connectors, a green, a black, and a brownish one. Looking at the diagram of connectors on the tv, there seems to be a choice of an audio out that just contains two connectors, L and R, and then an optical audio out which looks different entirely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i have the 32in model of that and the only audio out is the headphone socket at the rear.
    Where are you buying the tv, can you show me the specs.

if its just the normal L and R channels you can input them into the stereo part of your surround sound setup, but looking at the specs it requires a sound card as this is mostly used for pc's.
    At the end of the day you wont get surround unless the speaker pack has some sort of decoder box, which i dont think it does, all your going to get is stereo through your front speakers as there are no more connectors to accomadate the other connectors.
    from experience with these type of speakers they are connected with 3.4mm headphone jacks.
    So they are best left to your pc IMO.

Have a look on the net because if your willing to spend say €200-300 you can get a decent amp and full proper 5.1 sound setup that allows digital audio in like DTS and Dolby Digital.

I often stray away from computer speakers because they often require a soundcard.

Advertisement