Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave query.....

• 11-12-2005 4:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    I have *had* to buy one of these as im moving an will have no phone line for 4 weeks (didnt know connection took that long!) and its an appartment so I cant go for anything with a dish:rolleyes:.....so, im stuck with this for a while at least.:(

I *can* get a signal, but not one thats really usable, what Im wondering, is there any way anyone can think of for powering-up the antennae of the ripwave unit itself?
    There are signal booster boxes for tv's an the like, might these work an if so, connect to where?
    Or, alternatively, can a biscuit tin be of use? ;)

b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Ok,
    I have *had* to buy one of these as im moving an will have no phone line for 4 weeks (didnt know connection took that long!) and its an appartment so I cant go for anything with a dish:rolleyes:.....so, im stuck with this for a while at least.:(

I *can* get a signal, but not one thats really usable, what Im wondering, is there any way anyone can think of for powering-up the antennae of the ripwave unit itself?
    There are signal booster boxes for tv's an the like, might these work an if so, connect to where?
    Or, alternatively, can a biscuit tin be of use? ;)

b

Throw some holy water on the unit. It will do feck all to improve the service but its more than IBB will do for you.

:)

no kidding.

buy a pizza, line the box with foil and unfold it to an open v, put the ripwave unit in the foldof the box, so it is pointing towards the signal.

Advertisement