Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom 2006 Maps

Options
  • 11-12-2005 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Is it true the new mapping software for TomTom will include Maps for Ireland better than before ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Well as they haven't covered Ireland for a long time (if ever?) any coverage of Ireland will be an improvment:D

Garmin or ViaMichelin I believe give the best coverage

Do you have TOMTOM software? If so does it have any coverage of Ireland?

Teleatlas are currently mapping Ireland and they sell on the maps to GPS companies like TOMTOM, Destinator, Navman and ViaMichelin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Was using a symbian version and coverage was limited to dublin and elsewhere was very bad.

I am looking for a good Palm OS 5.0 Compat. GPS Software as Mapopolis is'nt great for it

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Slightly off topic but I was looking in PC world today at the Navman IC520 and it looked pretty good, does anyone have any experience of it ?

Can anyone recommend software for a pocket pc? I was looking at copilot but don't know how good it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Mapopolis for PPC is good but for Palm it has to many bugs used Mapopolis on my old XDA II and was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Garmin CitySelect 8.0 is due out this month/January, and I'm hoping they have the latest NavTeq maps for Ireland. NavTeq have been creating their own Ireland mapping for quite some time - should be completed soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement