Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying an mp3 player

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BTW as regards RIO's didnt they pull out of the market a while back? - therefore any player of theirs is obsolete or thereabouts.
    what do you mean by "obsolete"? The players are still good and work right? if rolex shut up shop would their watches be "obsolete" a year later? The H1xx irivers have not been sold in a while but are still one of the best out there (some would argue the best), even the next series up the H3xx is not on sale. The H1xx can go for very high prices on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

rubadub wrote:
    The H1xx irivers have not been sold in a while but are still one of the best out there (some would argue the best),

Best audio player out there for sure;)

Rio's are pretty good from what I know of them even if they have stopped making and distributing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Sorry to slightly hijack your thread but it makes more sense than creating a near identical one. I have 300 euro(i'd like to get as near to the 300 mark as possible its not my money ;)) to spend on an mp3 player,my only real concern about buying is timing,if i buy online how long its gonna take to arrive in meath or if i buy offline anyone know places that have them right now in dublin/meath. I only really need 30-40 gig worth and as many extras as you like but really 30/40 gig and sturdy enough to take a few bangs.

Ideas?

I'm a student if that makes a difference to your suggestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ronano wrote:
    Sorry to slightly hijack your thread but it makes more sense than creating a near identical one. I have 300 euro(i'd like to get as near to the 300 mark as possible its not my money ;)) to spend on an mp3 player,my only real concern about buying is timing,if i buy online how long its gonna take to arrive in meath or if i buy offline anyone know places that have them right now in dublin/meath. I only really need 30-40 gig worth and as many extras as you like but really 30/40 gig and sturdy enough to take a few bangs.

Ideas?

I'm a student if that makes a difference to your suggestion

This is the one im thinking about. It comes in different sizes, with or without radio and also theres a version with longer battery life.

http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=IAX520V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

oh yes the iaudio i thought it was out of my range. I sent my mother on a trek to nyc to get me one a few months ago but alas she failed,i'll be having that! thank you kind sir :)

anywhere sell these in dub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ronano wrote:
    oh yes the iaudio i thought it was out of my range. I sent my mother on a trek to nyc to get me one a few months ago but alas she failed,i'll be having that! thank you kind sir :)

anywhere sell these in dub?

peats - http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=8915&type=6&sid=1247032x0

330 euro though for the 20 gb radio version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

rubadub wrote:
    what do you mean by "obsolete"? The players are still good and work right? if rolex shut up shop would their watches be "obsolete" a year later?

As in hard to get support and warantee's for I would imagine. And as for comparing Rio to Rolex please! Roi's are mass market mp3 players, Rolexs are precision engineered luxury items. Im not suggesting Rio's are bad but would you buy a new Rover Car now?

With the iRivers at least they are still in the mp3 business.

Advertisement