Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd recorder in lidl ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

seph wrote:
    hi..... saw this for sale in lidl next thurs, targa dr-5200x for 185 euros. see here
    never heard of targa, so what do you think ,is it any good ?

Targa is the Lidl electronics brand, I have had a Targa PC for about 3 years now and any problems (faulty graphics card after about 1 1/2 years was sorted by the freephone helpline and got a replacement card with on-site install (not that I couldn't have plugged the card in myself).
    The Last weeks Lidl harddrive DVD recorder seemed to be a rebranded Liteon, as I was unsuccessful in getting it at Lidl I went for the Liteon DVD recorder in Argos and, law and behold, that was on special offer down from 199 to 149 Euros last week. Don't know whether that offer is still on though.
    I am a happy camper, the liteon recorder seems to be working perfectly and has so far coped with all disks I've thrown at them, even cheapy RW's from Soundstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭seph

thanks morgana for info......... these are the specs,

Type DVD-Recorder targa dr-5200x
    Playable Disc Type DVD; DVD-Video; DVD-VR; Audio-CD; VCD; SVCD; DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD+R; DVD+RW; CD-R; CD-RW
    Playable Standards DVD; DVD-Video; DVD-VR; Audio-CD; VCD; SVCD; Nero Digital; DIVX**; MPEG4; XVID**; JPEG; Kodak-Picture-CD; MP3 on CD; MP3 on DVD; Windows Media
    ** The compatibility depends on burning software and procedure.
    Playback Functions Playback, pause, repeat, fast forward/reward, slow motion forward/reward
    Recordable Disc Type DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD+R; DVD+RW
    Recordable Standards DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW video-format

Recordable Functions VPS, ShowView (in UK and Ireland VIDEOPlus/PDC); quick-record with one keystroke; Timer programming (15 memorys)

Recording time: HQ (1 hrs); SP (2 hrs); LP(3 hrs); EP (4 hrs) ; EP+ (6 hrs)

Main Features Audio integr. Dolby Digital decoder, virtual surround sound, DTS and AC3 via digital-out
    Main Features Video Progressive Scan, DivX**; Xvid**; Nero Digital

** The compatibility depends on burning software and procedure.
    TV standard PAL
    Radio VHF, UHF, Hyperband

Input Connections Video Back connectors: S-Video, Video, Scart
    Frond connectors: S-Video, Video, DV-In
    Output Connections Video Scart with RGB; YUV, S-Video, Video (cinch)
    Input Connections Audio Back connector: Stereo Cinch In
    Front connector: Stereo Cinch In

Output Connections Audio analogue 5.1 out (incl. stereo); coaxial digital; optical digital
    Highlights Records on DVD+ und DVD- media
    Plays DivX, Nero Digital and Xvid videos
    Intuitive grafic based On-Screen-Menue
    Power switch
    silver or black
    Standard Accessory Remote control with fluorescent keys, batteries, blank DVD+RW, Scart cable, audio-video-cinch cable; aerial cable, manual
    Power Consumption In operation 19W; standby 3W; power off: 0W
    Power Supply 220-240 Volt / 50 Hz

what does everybody think? are these good specs? am i better off getting a hd recorder ? whats the difference other then being able to record to hd?

any info/feedback greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd also like to know a bit about this and how it compares to the likes of the LiteOn one for €149 you picked up:) What's worth the extra €35?

Difference seems to be Divx support and 5.1 audio connectors. For me, I don't need either ...
    A HDD recorder will give you the Timeshift function, i.e. you can watch the beginning of a program while its still being recorded. You don't need disks to store programs and you probably can edit out ads etc and burn to DVD (which is MUCH more involved process requiring a computer if you don't have a HDD recorder). If it is worth the significant extra dough I don't know ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

thanks morgana, I don't suppose the one you got for 149 was hdd?

• Advertisement

I should be so lucky, it's "just" a DVD recorder no harddrive in sight :D. One of those HD babies will set you back at least 250 yoyos more

Advertisement