Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL in galway - question on service

• 11-12-2005 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Hi

watching tv this morning and as usual one of the channels was pausing and breaking up. This seems to happen quite regularly on the galway service. Noticed this in several houses ive been in not just my own.

Since im prob ordering ntl broadband soon im just wondering do people find the service consistently good or does it occasionaly give trouble like the tv channels.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

The broadband is consistantly solid. Best broadband I've used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

paulm17781 wrote:
    The broadband is consistantly solid. Best broadband I've used.

See attached.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Freddie59 wrote:
    See attached.:D

go NLT you won't look back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Drapper wrote:
    go NLT you won't look back!
    seconded.
    the 12 month contract is a bit of a balls though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

tman wrote:
    seconded.
    the 12 month contract is a bit of a balls though:(

But 3 months free make it probabaly the best pakage around! and watch out for those 10mb upgrades! :D

I can feel it coming.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Drapper wrote:
    But 3 months free make it probabaly the best pakage around! and watch out for those 10mb upgrades! :D

I can feel it coming.............
    it's a major pain in the ass if you suddenly decide you want to move, like i have...
    even if they didn't have the yearly contract, i wouldn't consider moving into a flat that couldn't get NTL... i think that's about the highest praise anyone could give them:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My Digital tv channels pause and de-sync from time to time and sometimes some channels won't show without a reboot but the broadband has been 100% solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

looks like its goodbye eircom so!

Thats great news guys. Think ill be ordering as soon as im in the new flat. Despite the 12 month contract i did read its €65 euro penalty ( on this forum nowhere official ) to break it but considering you get 3 months free it still seems worth it...

and the thought of 10meg... now just to try and think of something to do with it.... hmmm!

Advertisement