Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good cheap upgrade parts for savage

• 11-12-2005 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

Ok i've a bog standard savage atm, i want to upgrade it a good bit to something around the genesis standard, can anyone recommend good places shops, sites, anything that are cheap but efficient!! thanks k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Oh, another thing:

Good, cheap and reliable very seldom goes hand in hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

T-Maxx wrote:

Good, cheap and reliable very seldom goes hand in hand...

yeh i knoww but i only a secondary student workin 2 hours or so a week, sometimews i've to settle a little below standard!!

em, may sound like a stupid question but have been searching nearly everywhere for the parts and noticed all places have wide variety of clutch bells, why? does more or less teeth have impact on speed? or are they just for diferent engine sizes? nlc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

It is a reduction gear.
    Reduce the engine rpm from say 15000 rpm, and no torque (= not much use to anyone) , down to 1/6th of the rpm and six times more torque.
    (= great accelleration etc )

The most torque comes from a small clutch bell and a big spur gear meshed with it.

Say you have a 14 tooth clutch bell and a 52 tooth spur gear ...
    Calculation .... 52 / 14 = 3.7
    So the engine goes round 3.7 times to rotate the spur gear once.
    But the turning force (torque) on the spur gear axle is 3.7 times that of the engine.

• Advertisement

heh heh thanks man, might look into that as will be racing my cousin after the christmas!!

Advertisement