Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping Dog and/or cat crapping on my drive

• 11-12-2005 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

There are 1 probably 2 animals crapping on my drive. Im pretty sure its a dog but there may be a cat as well.

How can I stop this? I cant catch them in the act coz its usually overnight or when Im at work.

Its getting rather frustrating!! Im very tempted to collect all the sh*t and post it through the letter box of the owner if I ever find out whose it is. 99% certain its not strays.

What can I do???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

pretty sure it's not a cat as cats like to cover over their poo once they're finished - would guess it's a dog - do you not have a gate that you can close to restrict access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

nope. PRetty sure judging by the size of the deposit its one of those crap yappy dogs that could get by any but the smallest gate. Plus the fence is just a 2 bar wooden one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I use a bit of chicken wire on the gate that has gaps it works well to keep smaller dogs out and my yappy one in lol (yes I openly admit she's a bit of a yapper). If you find out who the owner is let them know politley if that doesn't work return the goods to their door step.
    SLightly off topic: It amazes me what spick and span people do even when walking their dogs, the kinda people you know has a neat and tidy home and are dressed respectably then they come along with their pooch on a lead and let it crap all over peoples gardens and along footpaths..grrr.
    Best of luck with the poop perpetrater. The wire works well and you might not need to keep it one forever just until you find out who the dogs owner is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

What annoys me is that if it is the dog I think it is the owners just let it roam free crapping everywhere. The least they could do is confine to their garden.

Its not the dogs fault it hasnt been trained properly.

I suspect they are the sort of owners who think kicking it out of the door is as good as taking it for a walk. :mad:

As for the solutions so far I was hoping for something relatively cheap. Its a rented house so I dont want to spend much money on gates and chickenwire and stuff.

Doesnt someone make a dog repellent spray???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Keating

You could try squirting lemon juice around the area the dog is using - hopefully he won't like the smell and move off! Vinegar would be better - and cheaper! - but maybe you won't like the smell!! Although, being outdoors perhaps you wouldn't notice the smell of vinegar?

• Advertisement
Advertisement