Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decipher An Post Track & Trace

• 11-12-2005 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell what state my package is in judging by this track and trace record.

DELIVERY RECORD AVAILABLE IMAGING SECTION DUBLIN

DELIVERED SANDYFORD IVS DUBLIN 16 9 December 05

SENT OUT FOR DELIVERY SANDYFORD IVS DUBLIN 16 9 December 05

FROM CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE CO LAOIS 8 December 05

ITEM ACCEPTED PORTLAOISE CO LAOIS 8 December 05

INTO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE CO LAOIS 8 December 05

ARRIVED PORTLAOISE CO LAOIS 8 December 05

The last item has it's location as "Imaging Section Dublin", has anybody any idea what that is. Also on 3rd last record says sent out for delivery while the 2nd last says delivered yet they are both the same location of the Sandyford Sorting office.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Just be glad you have a record.
    I sent a parcel via priority parcel post plus extra insurance and all I have to show for it is this:

Current Status
    ITEM ACCEPTED 5 December 05
    Item History
    Activity Location Date
    ITEM ACCEPTED ORCHARDSTOWN TSO DUBLIN 14 5 December 05

People in the T+T dept reckon it's gone via normal post.:confused::confused:
    As far as I'm concerned it's still in the post office.
    Anyone have any dealings with the insurance end off things.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I imagine the imaging section is where the delivery dockets are scanned - if you look at the track page there is an option to get an email showing the delivery record. This is a large tiff image of the whole sheet of delivery receipt - it will show whoever signed for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I got the package in the end. Nobody actually signed for it, an attempt was supposedly made to deliver the package last friday. The truck came from Sandyford, it should have left the package in the Tallaght office but didn't. I had no notice in my letterbox about an attempted delivery.

The guy in the tallaght sorting office basically told me the truck driver didn't bother trying to deliver it or even leave it in the Tallaght office as he was supposed to do, he just left his van back and went home. After a lot of phone calls back and fort made by the very helpful lads in the Tallaght office the package was eventually found. He told me that it happens all the time with drivers who say the attempted delivery but don't therefore the status gets changed to Imaging Section basically saying it has been signed for.

Advertisement