Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Texting a mobile in england from Ireland using meteor ?

• 11-12-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

Wasn't too sure where to put this so please move if nessasary. As the title says, Is it possible to text a phone in England from Ireland using Meteor, and if so what do I need to do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Yes its possible just drop the 0 from the start of the number and add 0044
    eg 0044(number without the first 0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Meteors rates for international texting are pretty good too. I'm able to text a Spanish phone for 15c I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Your text will only get through if Meteor has a roaming agreement with the recipient's UK Network

The Meteor Website says that they have an agreement with O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile and Orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

The roaming agreement should not have anything to do with it at all?
    You should be able to text any network anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The Meteor Website says that they have an agreement with O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile and Orange.

It's got nothing to do with that at all - a seperate issue altogether.

I text UK numbers on different networks all the time, without issue from my Meteor phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What's the deal with certain networks not being able to text to certain networks abroad? I'm in O2 Germany and I can't text my friend in Scotland (I'm not sure what network she's on). Last Summer using O2 Ireland I was unable to text a friend from California (he was on some rubbish network I'd never heard of), however he was able to send me texts and receive texts from vodafone Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

it costs 25c on the tarrif im using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

wolfman wrote:
    The roaming agreement should not have anything to do with it at all?
    You should be able to text any network anywhere

Believe me that is not true.....for all networks.

You can call any network abroad but not necessarily text. An agreement must be in place between the two for textx to complete successfully.

Meteor's website lists their roaming partners but they might have agreements with others to route texts.

Advertisement