Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is rag week/mystery trip

Options
  • 11-12-2005 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

U kno the way it 's different this year because of the semesters, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

im not entirely sure, but i can get my hands on an events timetable tomoro if ya want

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ohh i can't wait for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

<edit>Whoops, to late for me, i see this was about the trip, and not rag week in general</edit>
    It'll be a badly organised piece of crap that licks balls.
    Licks balls by the fact no one knows when it's on, i.e. the lecturers don't know. So you end with exam and assignments due in that week, and you don't get to do anything. Have to say the sports day down in grangegorman two years ago was great. Bouncy castles!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

there was a sports day?

Yeah, was good fun, went with bolton street dudes. Mainly them down there. Twas good fun, Was wrecked after it.

• Advertisement

that sports day was terrible, only people from bolton st went, hence why its not on anymore.

and everyone knew bout rag week and the rag trip last year, hence why it sold out straight away when the tickets went on sale....

....hence

So what if just bolton streeters went? It was still good.
    My point about rag week is that it should be decided when it is before the year starts. It's not fair on lecturers to have to base assignment schedules around it if they don't know when it's on.

So what if just bolton streeters went? It was still good.

regardless if it was good, we have to do stuff for the whole college

for the record, i think it was cancelled for the following reasons:

firstly cause of our bad weather

and secondly, and most importantly, if only 1 of the 6 dit sites attended, it was not a success, and there is no sense in running something if it wont be a success.

oh and by the by, the rag week shud be on during the valentines week, with the trip itself possibly on on the 13th. or so my sources tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

oh and by the by, the rag week shud be on during the valentines week, with the trip itself possibly on on the 13th. or so my sources tell me

Is this confirmed?? Me's got holidays to take from work!!! :D

its not confirmed, ill confirm it as soon as i can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I asked one of our reps this before christmas and they said they are trying to have it the week before or week after valentines week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

grand i'll actually be back in college by then :p

imagine the lack of effort on valentines day if we were all hung over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

It'd be legend to be out drinking on the 13th as it turns into the 14th! Imagine all the stupid stuff people would be saying to each other, all the proposals, all the empty gestures... oh it'd be wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

yeah its normally the middle of feb , looking forward to it :D
    closest thing we got to , beerfest/ octoberfest. concerts that cost 100 euro dont count, no one drinks/gets wreked like students

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Most of the lecturers are pretty good about moving stuff during rag week provided you give them some notice so they can make other arrangements. Get your reps to start reminding them that its coming up and check which labs will be on and who'll be affected and deal with it now. Dont go looking to get a lab cancelled or an assignment deadline moved on the day of the poxy rag trip.

Last year we managed to get labs on the day of the rag trip cancelled and also tell your lecturers that you wont be in the day after the rag trip. They'll remember it the next time you need a favour.

i am being told that it will be the thursday of the week of the 13th....so thats the 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

The 16th? A woo a woo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

hey all, dit poker soc here, we've had to move on eof our events due to the rag trip. Rag week is DEFINATELY feb 13th and the rag trip is DEFINATELY Thursday the 16th.

i have an email somewhere with the details, if i find it i'll post it. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Cool thanks, now just have to make sure I'm off work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭evilbert

just in case any of you guys can't wait, the Trinity RAG week is next week and the RAG trip is on Thursday 2nd Feb. They also have Damien Dempsey on the Tuesday (31st) and Kila on the Friday (3rd)

Advertisement