Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any jobs ???

Options
  • 11-12-2005 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi. im looking for a job in limerick for my transition year work experience. Does any1 have any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

milford hospice ? U.L? NTDI? jus some suggestions what you intrested in doin like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 greendaysean15

ive no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

try mcs computers on parnell st, i got my work experience there last year, tho they were in o connell street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

try mcs computers on parnell st, i got my work experience there last year, tho they were in o connell street

i hope they treat their staff better than they treat their customers.

anyway, another idea would be to look in the classified section of the limerick post http://www.limerickpost.ie or just ring around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Billy never a truer word was spoken re MCS

Why not try some of the volutary organisations in town charities etc might give you a new outlook on stuff.

• Advertisement

i loved working there, i just repaired computers the whole time, was great fun!
    i admit there products were very overpriced and they didnt have great selection but i thought the repairing of computers is done well by mcs

O2 are hirihg..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

i hope they treat their staff better than they treat their customers.

You can say that again.

To the OP, just call into offices with your CV, they usually appreciate it more when you show the initiative to call in in person rather than ringing up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Bike Shop, O'Connell Avenue is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

id say dell .. and the bike shop there would be a good laugh aswell

• Advertisement

The positions being offered at dell will not be availible after the end of their quarter (January 31) but you can call them if you like (1890500221) also they have an age limit of 17 years old.

getting back to O2, there are weekend and evening part time positions availible. there are open days being held if you want to get the info they have an advert in the Leader appointments section this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 greendaysean15

:confused:

what jobs did they give u. did they pay u

i fixed computers mostly. and yeah i got paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

MCS was gone last time i walked past the shop, hopefully for good this time, they've been screwing people in limerick since i was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i know LIT takes on people from time to time on work experience. Not sure if they would take somone on that is still in school though, but its worth a try

mcs are on parnell street now

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hugh_jass_ie

Why not try the firestation for transition yr work experience, they take on a few people for the 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Think of somethin u'd like 2 do and go to the phone book, younger managers are gewnerally more willing to take on TY students. What school are you in, ask if there's any past pupils workin in a sector ur interested in. I was in Ardscoil Rís and got work experience with Motorzone Fiat and Alfa dealers, one of the managers is a past pupil, i went to BDO Simpson Xavier Accountants for my second one.

Advertisement