Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Game shops host hotspots for PSP and DS?

Options
  • 11-12-2005 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any plans to host some sort of service for handheld gamers?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Havn't heard anything yet but I hope it won't be long before they start.

Didn't Micky D's sign up with Nintendo in the US to host hotspots for the DS!? It'd be the only reason I'd ever venture into one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i know in japan sony provide these booths in game stores/sony stores where gamers can randomly come along with their psp and play games with each other online, or download demo's, trailers, music etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i know in japan sony provide these booths in game stores/sony stores where gamers can randomly come along with their psp and play games with each other online, or download demo's, trailers, music etc.
    big faliure in japan according to kotaku,

they had psp spot buses doing round too to get it kicking and barley got a single soul to come around to get a demo or 2, all kids are probably 2 busy hax0ring them at home! or playing project rub or something ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Would be a great idea, but it costs money, and since when have Game ever done anything like that for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

i thought that was only in america
    but i suppose gamespot is american

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Don't most mcdonalds have free wifi these days? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stephen wrote:
    Don't most mcdonalds have free wifi these days? :)

i think that secured and Ds and PSP cant see networks that are secured, but assume they do it on a certain port so server admins can ensure its only DSs/PSps on the network.

kdjac

Advertisement