Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backing up data from Nokia to Laptop via USB bluetooth dongle

• 11-12-2005 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all
    I recently bought a USB bluetooth dongle on ebay. It works as I managed after some difficulty to pair the devices so as they recognise each other. I have a Nokia 6310i and loaded the software suite that comes with phone but was unable to use this via bluetooth. Is there any free software available on the net that is easy to use (I still am waering my "L" plates when it comes to this technology stuff) that will allow me freely export my phonebook from 6310ito my PC as a backup but more importantly that I can type in a whole load of addresses and phone numbers and export to phone book.

Thanks!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Please specify your OS (And what BT stack/drivers you're using)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

In general, make sure that both devices bluetooth settings have "discoverable" on.
    On the computer side of it, you must have an application to use bluetooth, once this is open choose the option to search for devices.

When the device is visible in my case I had to right click on it and search for services.
    Then I ran the file sending service and a new window opened that I could drap / drop into the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tonymahoney

Karoma wrote:
    Please specify your OS (And what BT stack/drivers you're using)
    Karoma
    I use windows XP home edition and am a novice at this stuff {learning fast though}. Is it possible to transfer phonebook data between laptop and phone using bluetooth dongle and relevant software. Don't think i have bluetooth built into my laptop. What free software is ther to allow me do this?
    Rgds
    T.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

heh

it is possible..Oxygen(Oxegen? sP?) will allow you afaik.
    I cannot think of any free software for Windows that's user-friendly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

why not download the latest Nokia PC Suite from the Nokia website, works a treat for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement