Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 driving tests in system at same time?

Options
  • 11-12-2005 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Right, i failed my driving test there last Sept `05. I had been waiting exactly 1 year as i booked it in Sept 2004.

Anyway, i re-applied immediately after failing. I ticked the box saying i`d accept a cancellation test or I wrote on it i`d accept a cancelation test. (Maybe there wasnt a tick box) but i didnt give details like a employers letter or any of that. However i reckon im going to be waiting nearly another year again now. As after 3months, i still havent heard anything.

I reapplied to the same test centre that i failed my first go in. But, i can get an employers letter now and just want to know can i send in another application to the same centre with an employers letter or should i send it to another test centre. Any advice here appreciated. I just want to get my full license. Gaw`d i hate this country. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I presume it'd be ok. What can they say?

But feic it on the year waiting list!Maybe you should reapply to a different place just cause it might ave a shorter list! I first did my test in Sept 2002 after applying in June 2002, no letter or anything.

I'm gonna have to get off my ass and do it again soon. Gonna be on my 3rd prov in a couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did you get the letter confirming that they received your application?

If so, simply get a letter from your employer and send it in, quoting your booking ref, PPSN and the test centre. They will add the letter to your application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Get the letter typed up on the company headed paper requesting you require a full licence for work and they will give you the latest cancellation (it worked for me and i had my test within a month).:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Did you get the letter confirming that they received your application?
    If so, simply get a letter from your employer and send it in, quoting your booking ref, PPSN and the test centre. They will add the letter to your application.
    Thanks for the feedbk. Yeah ill send it in with the reference i got from the confirmation letter.
    I dont really need it for work, and i dont work for the company im getting the letter off, but sure they dont check up on this stuff do they? The driving tester isnt going to ask me any questions on it, is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

After i sent in the letter to them on the company headed paper here i got a phone call from them a few days later with a cancellation to the office phone no. The driving tester will not ask you any questions other than the question in the test as im sure you know from your last test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The employers letters are deadly. I only got my provisional in March 04 and I had my full licence in my hand at the end of May 04. You can send your employers letter into them just on it's own, but make sure you phone them to make sure they get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Nuttzy wrote:
    Thanks for the feedbk. Yeah ill send it in with the reference i got from the confirmation letter.
    I dont really need it for work, and i dont work for the company im getting the letter off, but sure they dont check up on this stuff do they? The driving tester isnt going to ask me any questions on it, is he?

Do they not have your PPS number? - would be fairly easy to check where you work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TheMonster wrote:
    Do they not have your PPS number? - would be fairly easy to check where you work.
    It would. But do they? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

seamus wrote:
    It would. But do they? :)

If you have any doubt about inter agency relations within the government please see the PPARS farce.

They won't find out.

Advertisement