Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

k750i mp3's

• 12-12-2005 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

guys i wanted to find out is there any way i can reduce the size of a mp3 so i can get loads of songs on to a memory card.a normal song is between 4-6mb.thats too big.my friend said theres a program called mp3 encoder which reduces a mp3 to some other format(i think).can someone help me and tell me if they tried it and ifitworks or even if theres any easier way.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

4-6mb is average for an mp3.

if you want smaller you're looking at changing the bitrate of the mp3's, this will lead to a severe loss of quality in my opinon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

If your willing to take the hit in quality ( I wouldnt be) try DBpoweramp its free and can be found using google.

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

buy a bigger memory card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks guys. i am selling my 512 just for this reason and am getting a 1gb i think i will sell that and go for the max of 2gb.

thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Bigger memory card if the way to go.

• Advertisement

yeah i think i willorder the 2gb.
    theres SO many games and songs to load on the fone,its a GREAT fone.
    thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

You could download sonicstage and convert your mp3s to Atrac,which is Sony's own way of compressing files for its MP3 players.
    It compresses it to 64kbps.without losing any quaility.

Now im not sure if it will work with your phone,but you could give it a try

thanks man this sounds like what im looking for, would you know where i could download it and also what would be the latest version.
    thanks alot

Here is a link,http://products.sony.co.uk/sonicstage3_3.asp
    Its the latest version

thanks beekay, have you ever used this before.is it easy to use.

• Advertisement

Yeah,I use it with my Sony NW-HD3 MP3 player.
    I find it pretty handy to use,but some people do have problems with it.
    But so far i haven't had any at all

hi i downloaded the songs intothe player. but how to i transfer the songs from the player to the k750i. it just says transfer tomake audio cd,mp3cd etc.
    i cannot even copy and paste songs from the player to the desktop.you might be able to help me.
    thanks in advance

ibet you its something simple:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Lads I don't think ATRAC songs work on the K750, or the W800 for that matter. So using Sonicstage to re-encode to ATRAC and then transferring to the K750 wouldn't work. The K750 supports mp3, wav and aac only.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone?

But yeah u could use dbPowerAmp to convert from, say, 160kb/s mp3 to 128kb/s. Would save a bit of space. Don't go any lower than 128kb/s though or it'll sound ****e.

Dave

ok wheresmybeaver i will try download dbPowerAmp and see if it works.
    have you tried it before and does it work
    thanks in advance

Yup I used dbPowerAmp before, its easy to use. If you're re-encoding a folder of songs and it finds a song that is already 128kbits then it skips it instead of processing it all over again, pretty handy. Good luck

Dave

wher can i download dbPowerAmp from.thanks

thanks cremo, i just got it downloaded from download.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

You need to buy a LAME MP3 encoder license for dBPowerAmp these days, don't ya? :\

AAC (MP4) is an alternative if you don't want to do it illegally (also possible)
    All you need is the codec for conversion: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm

BopNiblets wrote:
    You need to buy a LAME MP3 encoder license for dBPowerAmp these days, don't ya? :\

AAC (MP4) is an alternative if you don't want to do it illegally (also possible)
    All you need is the codec for conversion: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm
    i was under the assumption that LAME was free.

• Advertisement

Not with dbPowerAmP for some reason:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-power-register.htm

$14?! getouttahere!

Found this:

Disc2Phone

Its official SonyEricsson software, it converts larger bitrate mp3s to lower bitrate and transfers them straight to the K750. Also encodes MP3s from other sources like CD or WMA. Its actually usually only for the W800 but of course it will work with the K750. And its free!

Dave

guys i downloaded dbPowerAmp but for me its not working.can someone tell me which software is the best and easiest to use.the dbPowerAmp website said i need to pay for it. i need a free option as i wonot be using it much just need music for the plane journey at the weekend.
    thanks alot

guys i think i have found the solution.i downloaded the disc2phone and it looks good.it asks if u want to change the kbps.so i will try 64kbps as said by beekay and see what happens,hopefully it will work i am just waiting on my 1gb memory stick.

thanks for ur help guys

guys just gettin ready to go away and uploaded 50 songs on a 64mb card.i used the disc2 fone software and encoded it to 32 kbps.and quality is still amazing.just wanted to thank you guys for ur feedback:D

32kbps MP3s, amazing quality: DOES NOT COMPUTE. *head explodes*

That's not even possible, I mean, I draw the line at 64kbps!
    The way MP3 encoding works is it strips away similar frequencies and stuff to save space... you must have thrown away so much of the original song I don't know how it even sounds right. :\

Advertisement