Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cavalier king charles spaniels

• 12-12-2005 6:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

i adore these animals but they are so expensive. if any one knows of someone who is willing to sell one cheap please pm me.thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Why do you want one " cheap "
    If you wanted a quality pedigree dog that doesn't suffer the genetic ailments of a badly bred Cav then think again -

Why don't you see if you can get a rescue dog ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lizanne

SuzyS1972 wrote:
    Why do you want one " cheap "
    If you wanted a quality pedigree dog that doesn't suffer the genetic ailments of a badly bred Cav then think again -

Why don't you see if you can get a rescue dog ?
    there are no rescue centres near me the closest on was a 20 minute dive and it closed a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Cavs rarely come up in rescues and when they do why should a rescue give them cheap, most rescues look after dogs and have their vaccinations covered and their worming done etc. compared to many breeders who don't look after the dogs properly. A genuine breeder will not sell an animals cheap but will not over price them either, they will give you a history of the parentage usually and allow you to see the dogs parents, also have genuine vacc cards and worming done and will not sell a pup under 8 to 10 weeks of age. Some breeders will sell a pup cheaper if it's not up to breed standard but otherwise healthy. All I can say is be careful where you get your dog from. Cheap could mean health problems, that a breeder wants to get rid of quickly before the pup costs them money. Not saying all breeders aren't genuine but the good ones are far and few between esp. this time of year. A genuine breeder also usually has a waiting list.
    They do come up in rescues occasionally you could put your name down in their waiting list. http://www.irishanimals.ie/breedrescue.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

totally agree with EVERYTHING Guineapigrescue said ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I just got one of these little fellows from here www.cute-pups.com. Excellant breeder and the place was spotless. I would recomend her.

• Advertisement

Cavs rarely come up in rescues and when they do why should a rescue give them cheap, most rescues look after dogs and have their vaccinations covered and their worming done etc. compared to many breeders who don't look after the dogs properly. A genuine breeder will not sell an animals cheap but will not over price them either, they will give you a history of the parentage usually and allow you to see the dogs parents, also have genuine vacc cards and worming done and will not sell a pup under 8 to 10 weeks of age. Some breeders will sell a pup cheaper if it's not up to breed standard but otherwise healthy. All I can say is be careful where you get your dog from. Cheap could mean health problems, that a breeder wants to get rid of quickly before the pup costs them money. Not saying all breeders aren't genuine but the good ones are far and few between esp. this time of year. A genuine breeder also usually has a waiting list.
    They do come up in rescues occasionally you could put your name down in their waiting list. http://www.irishanimals.ie/breedrescue.html

i didnt mean cheap... i worded it wrong. Some places want 500euro for a cav pup and i honestly dont have that money to be giving away. thats what i ment i didnt mean it in a bad way

Andy-Pandy wrote:
    I just got one of these little fellows from here www.cute-pups.com. Excellant breeder and the place was spotless. I would recomend her.

wow i just checked the website the pups are beautiful. espically the black and tan ones their the kind i want. could you tell me her price range andy. those little fellas are beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

lizanne wrote:
    wow i just checked the website the pups are beautiful. espically the black and tan ones their the kind i want. could you tell me her price range andy. those little fellas are beautiful

Teddy was 230eur, she originally said 340, dont know why the price was differant when i got there, but im not complaining. The vet checked him out and said he was in tip-top shape, and said the breeder was of a vary high quality. Give them a call or send them a e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lolo2

If you cannot afford to buy a dog from a reputable breeder, what will you do if your dog becomes sick? Two or three days in the vets can run well over €500. I would definitely recommend you get pet insurance if you do go ahead and purchase a dog.

Why not wait until one does come up in rescue?

Also try http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/ you may find a rescue cavalier there or a good breeder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xXx Ash xXx

Just so you're aware cavaliers are one of the breeds taht puppy farmers tend to breed a lot of, espacailly in more rural areas. In my opinion you're better off waiting until you have the money to buy a pup off a breeder that is recommended by the Cavalier Club of Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement