Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chambers admits drug abuse - Todays Indo

• 12-12-2005 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

ATHLETICS : Chambers admits drug abuse
    Monday December 12th 2005
    :mad:
    PUNISHED for his dishonesty, Dwain Chambers will next be penalised for his honesty. So, too, will his Great Britain team-mates.

The world governing body of athletics will ask today for a copy of the tape in which Chambers admitted to taking drugs for at least a year before he was caught.

Istvan Gyulai, the secretary of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), indicated yesterday that he expected all of Chambers' results to be annulled from the earlier period during which he confessed to taking drugs. It covers 2002, when Chambers won the European 100m title in Munich.

At the same championships, Britain took the 4x100m relay gold medal, with Chambers in the team. Britain also look likely to be stripped of the European Cup, which they won by four points in Annecy, France, in 2002. Chambers' 100m victory was worth eight points.

Chambers, who is planning a comeback for early next year, having completed a two-year ban, has surprised with the maturity of his confession over the weekend. "I put the sport in jeopardy, and I caused an uproar, and I am very sorry for that fact," Chambers said. (©The Times, London)

Advertisement