Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta Cup draw tonight

• 12-12-2005 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

The draw is being made at the National Museum at Collins Barracks, Dublin, tonight at 5.30pm.

Not too sure whether it is being covered by the national media at all, but should be on the 6.01 news at least.

eL Clubs:
    • Cork City
    • Derry City
    • Drogheda United
    • Shelbourne

Irish League Clubs:
    • Dungannon
    • Glentoran
    • Linfield
    • Portadown

Really looking forward to it, kicks off earlier this season (mid February) and ends in mid-April, with the semi-finals also taking place in April (on the 11th and 12th).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Rico quite rightly complaining that this seriously disrupts his pre-season training, i'd imagine that it's the same for nuttsy and doolin an kenny.

he siad that it's now basically become a pre-season tournament, and even though his players will only be 3/4 fit, that the games will be ultra competitive and the northern teams will obviously have the edge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Guess its kinda the reverse scenario to what happened when Shels played Glens last year in Europe so.

I assume the eL is kicking off in mid-March again next season yeah? IIRC the first Setanta games were roughly at the same time the eL kicked off last season.

Oh and I just spotted something...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KDJAC !!! (not that there is any reason for Pats fans to read this... ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Whatever happens there'll be some fantastic away trips! :)

I don't think they could allow Shels/Cork/Glens/Linfield into the same group could they?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

AFAIK, the league season kicks off the weekend of March 10th.

I dont see why the Setanta should kick off so early. Why not run it from April to June when all clubs will be match fit. i know it will over run the end of the NI season, but at leats they will be fit.

I hope City get Shels, Dungannon and Gelntoran.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

does it have to be two el clubs and two norn iron clubs in a group or is it just an open draw?

Linfield
    Glentoran
    Shelbourne
    Derry

Cork
    Drogheda
    Dungannon
    Portadown

Three trips north for Shels, woot!

Advertisement