Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Fridge Whirlpool

Options
  • 12-12-2005 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

to cut a long story short, I bought a fridge in september, it keeps freezing all my food, including milk, meat and vegetables. I comlained to shop and whirlpool who eventually sent out an engineer. He said the problem was ventilation so I took out the kickboard under the fridge and there is now more ventilation that the manual requires.

the problem is whirlpool keep fobbing me off and take forever to even get back to me. (this has been ongoing for 4 months now) and the shop 'Crossans in longford' dont seem to care either way.

whirlpool said that they cant replace the unit until they send out an engineer again.
    they wont give me contact details for the engineer.
    so it'll probably go on for another 4 months.

any idea where I should go from here or how I can remedy this.

any thoughts appreciated.

also Never buy a whirlppol fridge, (in my opinion).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You have no contract with Whirlpool. Your contract is with the shop. Download the Small Claims Court form from courts.ie and call into the shop with the claim form filled out. Look for the manager or better still, the owner. Tell them you're sending it off in 7 days unless you have a replacement fridge fitted by that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I fully agree with Rainyday. You will only keep getting fobbed off. The more people that take proactive action the better, then shops may start to realise that people will not take it and that it would be cheaper to offer better service.

You can always contact the Consumers Affairs 0n 01-402 5555. Carmel Foley urges peoplt to contact her office as they cannot monitor everything themselves.

Also on Fridays in the Irish Times they have a consumer article and they also urge people to get in contact with them. Could be a good thing especially at this time of year when a lot of people will be waiting for the sales to buy electrical sales.

I've taken 2 business's to court and won. It was very straight forward, not a bit scary like I expected. I was advised by a very helpful staff member in the Citizens Information that you should only have to do 3 things.

1. Contact the shop either by phone or in person and advise them of what the complaint is. You shouldn't have to go back.

2. Put your complaint in writing and expect it to be resolved within 7 days. If not advise them that you will take legal action.

3. If the shop/service haven't resolved the complaint within the specified time, then take action. Most business's will act pretty quickly once they get legal notice but if they don't, see them in court.

So get writing.

Advertisement