Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 media centre question

• 12-12-2005 11:32am
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My missues has a prenium 360 box all wraped up to me for xmas would love it know but can not complain. well my main question is that i want to stream divx files from my Windows XP Media Centre PC I know music and pictures are possible but is video

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Not natively. 360 comes with Media Center Extender functionality so you can check out the specs here. WMV looks like the only supported format.

I did come across this article which suggests that you can actually run some Windows apps on the 360 via MCE. Now, if you could run something like VideoLAN/VLC you might be able to do something. I don't know if anyone here has tried it but maybe they could.

Edit: Just found this comment -
    I was told that using ffdshow will allow you to view DivX/mpg over MCE. (apparently) But when installing make sure that you DONT overwrite your Windows Media Video/Audio codecs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

came across this software tonight that converts video for you so that it will be playable on the 360 through windows media center

here's the link http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/Xbox360/

"Videora Xbox360 Converter is a free video conversion application developed by the creators of Videora. It allows you to convert your regular PC video files (avi, mpeg, etc) into the proper video format that your Xbox360 understands."

i just downloaded it there. and i have a load of files in a queue for conversion. its converting my avi's to mpg. so i'll guess i'll leave my pooter for a few hours and let it do its thang!!:eek: how will i survive!!! oh wait!!! my 360!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

no prob. tested ti the other nite with family guy and it works a treat. but its nothing compared to xbmc on the origional xbox. xbmc is far more useable in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

danbhala wrote:
    no prob. tested ti the other nite with family guy and it works a treat. but its nothing compared to xbmc on the origional xbox. xbmc is far more useable in my opinion

I have my fingers crossed that in the future that someone will beable to release a patch or something to all the stock Xbox360 play Xvid/DivX etc. as my orignal Xbox is getting more use that ever :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement