Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phoenix tattoo

Options
  • 12-12-2005 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

hey guys, just wondering if anyone would know of any good sites where i could get a good drawing of a phoenix? i want it done in blackwork very (very) low on my abdomen, and ive seen some designs that are ok, but what i would really like is a basic drawing that i could copy and maybe adjust to suit myself, because im fairly good at drawing. does anyone have any suggestions of a site/tattoo parlour in limerick or dublin that might be able to help me? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Do a google image search on phoenix and tattoos and you'll get loads of ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

well, i have tried the google thing, but theres nothing really there that is similar to the tattoo i described (black, kinda tribally) i have seen two that are ok, but the reason i posted this was to see if people knew of some site that would have more ideas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

What about this one or This one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Lmao at the last pic (and yes i know i'm going to hell)

gonna get the 2nd one...
    your so wise joejoem, like a tall muscly hairy buddha...
    where did u find the first one tho?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

google bird and fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ta2kev

I presume from your description that you're looking for something that will stretch across the bottom of your stomache. This one is a bit narrow but as you said yourself you're good at drawing so you could alter it yourself. The wings are basic enough so you could keep the main body of the bird the same and stretch out the wings to just inside your waist. I've a phoenix on the top of my arm which I got done up in the Dragon Tattoo Studio on Talbot street in Dublin, I'll post a picture as soon as I can. If your in Limerick I'd strongly reccomend Danny Bullman, he's one of the best in the country.Phoenix.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alfie00

I know a girl who got a tribally lookin phoenix on her shoulder blade, might be able to get a pic if you want. thats if she doesnt kill me as i'm trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

ta2kev wrote:
    I presume from your description that you're looking for something that will stretch across the bottom of your stomache. This one is a bit narrow but as you said yourself you're good at drawing so you could alter it yourself. The wings are basic enough so you could keep the main body of the bird the same and stretch out the wings to just inside your waist. I've a phoenix on the top of my arm which I got done up in the Dragon Tattoo Studio on Talbot street in Dublin, I'll post a picture as soon as I can. If your in Limerick I'd strongly reccomend Danny Bullman, he's one of the best in the country.Phoenix.jpg
    That's absolutely lovely! I love the way the the flames at the bottom are done in reverse in skin. Don't know what the technical term for that is but it's nice.

I'm gonna recommend Hellucinogenic Skin on John Street, Limerick because I've heard mixed reviews (and seen mixed results) from Bullman. I know he's a sacred cow but that's my experience!

yeah that ones nice, id mess around with it a bit tho. danny bullmans...yeah i went in the other day, but i couldnt understand a thing the guy was saying, so i just nodded. couldnt find any good pic in his books anyway. if anyone else could get a pic, id love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tattoomindy

Hi Keevita,
    Your best bet is probably to find a shop with good work in their portfolios (rather than just looking at the flash on the wall, or in books they may have there), and if you go into your local shops and find a tattooist you get along well with and trust to draw something up for you (you will almost certainly have to pay for it, but you should plan to get your tattoo in the same shop you get the drawing from, and the cost of the drawing will come off the price of the tattoo). If you bring in some good examples and are clear about what you want (but listen to the tattooist too - they will probably have insights about what will look good in tattoo form that you may not have thought of), your tattooist should be able to put something on paper that fits what you are after. Maybe even bring in something you have drawn and let the tattooist perfect it.
    The majority of tattooists these days are artists, and it seems tattoos are usually most impressive when they are a joint effort between the customer and the tattooist rather than you bringing in an image and having it simply transfered from paper to your skin with no artistic input from the person putting it on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Keevita
    What stance or kind of image are you looking for in the phoenix - flying, wings spread, sitting on a rock.....I might have some in my sketchbooks and art books. If your interestedlet me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Try www.deviantart.com and search for phoenix. Some very good work on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

have a look on bmezine,theres a few on there

Advertisement